How to download pictures from cloud back to phone?

Aztek Warrior

Jul 27, 2018
Visit site
About a week ago my phone wouldn't ring when I received calls. Google support "fixed" the problem by doing a reset. Their "fix" created new problems. I can no longer access my photos directly from my phone to upload pictures to social networks, ebay, etc. The only solution they came up with is to individually open each 1500 photos and tap the three dots and select save to device. That will take for ever, and I'd have to repeat every time they "fix" a problem Do you know a way I could select all photos and save to device? Thank you

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Long-press one. That puts a check mark in the corner. Tap all the others, one at a time - you should be able to do 100 very quickly, so 1500 may take 10 minutes. Downloading them could take a lot longer, though.

vansmack

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
Depending on when you began your library, it might be easier to download your entire library, and transfer them back to your phone.

Download all photos or videos
- On your computer, go to drive.google.com.
- Click Settings Settings and then Create a Google Photos folder.
- In My Drive, find and open the Google Photos folder.
- Select the folder you want to download.
- Click More and then Select All and then Download

Then copy them back to your phones photos folder. I've never done this, so try it with a few first, otherwise doing so MIGHT create double of each photo in your photos library.

vansmack

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
Long-press one. That puts a check mark in the corner. Tap all the others, one at a time - you should be able to do 100 very quickly, so 1500 may take 10 minutes. Downloading them could take a lot longer, though.

Or, you could Tap and hold the first one, then DRAG your finger across all of the other photos without lifting your finger....

But I'm still not clear on how to get the download prompt to appear after doing that.