Everytime i restart my phone it wants to "restart again to finalize android update"

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I bought a brand new pixel 2 xl yesterday and updated it to Android pie. It said I needed to restart the phone to finish the update. I restarted it right away and a little bar in the notifications told me it was finishing installing Android 9 and it went away. Half an hour later it said I needed to restart to finalize the update and I restarted and the same thing happened. I have now restarted the phone 5 or more times, watched the Android update finalize and received the same notification to restart again everytime

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
After the update to Android 9 (Pie) it was probably doing the successive monthly security updates (one reboot per update), and there have been quite a few. If you weren't keeping track of the build information after each update it would be easy to miss the fact that it's doing new updates.
Once your phone gets to the December update all that updating/rebooting should stop.
It's unfortunate that Google hasn't implemented a comprehensive update scheme where it only needs to take the latest one, but that's not the way it's done.

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
When I purchased my new pixel it took 3 or 4 restarts to completely install Pie, but it's been working flawlessly ever since ;-)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez