I bought a used p2xl on swappa and sold my p2. I had regretted not getting the p2xl at launch when I bought my p2 but #1 couldn't justify the extra expense of the larger phone, and #2 thought it would be nice (as a lady) to have a smaller phone that fit in small bags, back pockets etc.

Turns out, I'm old and want a bigger screen for my aging eyeballs, and also the mobile game I like to play is waaay too small on the p2.

Pros: Moar battery!
    Bigger Screen
    128 gb storage vs the 64 I had before
    Only cost me $20 to switch at the end of the day.
    Will probably keep me from buying a new phone for at least a year- as long as I don't break it.

Cons:
    I had another year+ on my preferred care which is only thing I feel bad about at all.

Such a big "con" but I think it'll be ok.
    Anyone else do something similar? How did it go?
    Morty2264 likes this.
    02-04-2019 04:17 AM
    Yeah, I went from the Pixel 2 to the 2XL in December. I liked the smaller P2 but wanted the bigger screen for videos and less bezel. Got a like new/open box 2XL and was able to transfer ownership with new 2 year warranty. Been very happy so far.
    02-04-2019 09:09 PM
    Yeah, I went from the Pixel 2 to the 2XL in December. I liked the smaller P2 but wanted the bigger screen for videos and less bezel. Got a like new/open box 2XL and was able to transfer ownership with new 2 year warranty. Been very happy so far.
    Wow that's awesome! I really wish I could have found one with a warranty but for the price of the 128 GB in near mint condition, I figured I'd risk it.
    02-05-2019 12:21 AM
    What is preferred care? Is that some kind of insurance policy? Typically they aren't a good deal for the customer.
    02-05-2019 09:11 AM
    What is preferred care? Is that some kind of insurance policy? Typically they aren't a good deal for the customer.
    Yeah. It was an extra $129 that I believe extended your regular coverage plus covered accidental damage.
    When I bought the p2 I decided I wanted to go without a case because it was so nice. I dropped it the second month. So it was worth it to me. Cost $79 to replace it with a brand new one.
    I usually don't go for the insurance, but I also usually don't spend so much on a phone.
    02-05-2019 01:30 PM
    I too got the smaller Pixel 2 but had also considered the larger 2 XL. My friend got the 2 XL and while I know I would've been just as happy with it, I'm glad with my decision. However, I'm sure there are quite a few people who switched from the smaller Pixel to the larger XL! Glad you are happy and that your gaming experience is better!
    02-13-2019 08:28 AM