Anyone switch from P2->P2XL?

ImTurningViolet

Oct 10, 2015
Visit site
I bought a used p2xl on swappa and sold my p2. I had regretted not getting the p2xl at launch when I bought my p2 but #1 couldn't justify the extra expense of the larger phone, and #2 thought it would be nice (as a lady) to have a smaller phone that fit in small bags, back pockets etc.

Turns out, I'm old and want a bigger screen for my aging eyeballs, and also the mobile game I like to play is waaay too small on the p2.

Pros: Moar battery!
Bigger Screen
128 gb storage vs the 64 I had before
Only cost me $20 to switch at the end of the day.
Will probably keep me from buying a new phone for at least a year- as long as I don't break it.

Cons:
I had another year+ on my preferred care which is only thing I feel bad about at all.

Such a big "con" but I think it'll be ok.
Anyone else do something similar? How did it go?

Last edited:

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Re: Anyone switch from P2->P2XL?

Yeah, I went from the Pixel 2 to the 2XL in December. I liked the smaller P2 but wanted the bigger screen for videos and less bezel. Got a like new/open box 2XL and was able to transfer ownership with new 2 year warranty. Been very happy so far.

ImTurningViolet

Oct 10, 2015
Visit site
Re: Anyone switch from P2->P2XL?

Yeah, I went from the Pixel 2 to the 2XL in December. I liked the smaller P2 but wanted the bigger screen for videos and less bezel. Got a like new/open box 2XL and was able to transfer ownership with new 2 year warranty. Been very happy so far.

Wow that's awesome! I really wish I could have found one with a warranty but for the price of the 128 GB in near mint condition, I figured I'd risk it.

ImTurningViolet

Oct 10, 2015
Visit site
What is preferred care? Is that some kind of insurance policy? Typically they aren't a good deal for the customer.

Yeah. It was an extra $129 that I believe extended your regular coverage plus covered accidental damage.
When I bought the p2 I decided I wanted to go without a case because it was so nice. I dropped it the second month. So it was worth it to me. Cost $79 to replace it with a brand new one.
I usually don't go for the insurance, but I also usually don't spend so much on a phone.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I too got the smaller Pixel 2 but had also considered the larger 2 XL. My friend got the 2 XL and while I know I would've been just as happy with it, I'm glad with my decision. However, I'm sure there are quite a few people who switched from the smaller Pixel to the larger XL! Glad you are happy and that your gaming experience is better!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo