Downloading Android 10 OTA

jaybotinc

Jul 29, 2019
Visit site
You can. You can even still do 3 button. But they will get rid of that someday so might as well get used to the gesture.
I think the gesture looks cool. I tried it out and though I wasn't awesome w it, I think I'd have it down in a couple days.

I use Nova, though. Honestly, I tied using Pixel Launcher but in my opinion it is so shamefully terrible... I just couldn't.

Sounds like Android is working at making it more other-launcher friendly, so that's cool.

gebco

Nov 27, 2015
Visit site
Mine was like that too and I thought that nothing had changed. I dug through the settings and found this.

I installed the Android 10 update on my Pixel 2XL this evening, and my device still has the pill button for return to the home screen and the back arrow for return to the previous page. So far, the only change I've noticed is the appearance of a lock symbol at the top of the lock screen.

Attachments

• 138405.jpg
    138405.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 8

oks10

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Mine was like that too and I thought that nothing had changed. I dug through the settings and found this.

Good find! Definitely going to try out the gestures now. BIG fan of having the full screen with no pill constantly present though! Thanks for posting this.

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
I enabled the gestures, using the stock launcher, and ended up with an empty app drawer. I'm staying with the 2-button navigation for now...

jaybotinc

Jul 29, 2019
Visit site
Good find! Definitely going to try out the gestures now. BIG fan of having the full screen with no pill constantly present though! Thanks for posting this.
Yeah. Wld be cool to be able to get rid of that line at the bottom too. Regardless, very sleek looking.

oks10

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
So far I like the gestures with one exception. Swipe down on the home screen should bring down the notification bar... I'm lazy and I don't think we should have to reach all the way up to swipe down the notification bar. Swiping down on the home screen should suffice. We have the technology!

jaybotinc

Jul 29, 2019
Visit site
So far I like the gestures with one exception. Swipe down on the home screen should bring down the notification bar... I'm lazy and I don't think we should have to reach all the way up to swipe down the notification bar. Swiping down on the home screen should suffice. We have the technology!
Apparently you can turn on a gesture to swipe down on your finger print reader to do this. Not new. But has never worked for me

oks10

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Apparently you can turn on a gesture to swipe down on your finger print reader to do this. Not new. But has never worked for me
I can, but that's even more of a hassle tbh. I have to release my grip on my phone to do that. Feels even more unnatural than reaching for the top bar with my thumb. I mostly one hand hold my phone.

jaybotinc

Jul 29, 2019
Visit site
I can, but that's even more of a hassle tbh. I have to release my grip on my phone to do that. Feels even more unnatural than reaching for the top bar with my thumb. I mostly one hand hold my phone.
Yeah. It just bugs me when I'm missing a feature I should have even if I'm not going to use it. Lol. I use Nova so I just swipe down on the screen fr anywhere and it works great.

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
I'm downloading Android 10 now! So excited!

You should be....in my opinion it's the best Android os ever released. The biggest reason is the unbelievably gorgeous, relaxing, and easy on the eyes dark mode. But it's also a VERY polished and stylized os that just looks and feels high end. Plus it comes with lots of well thought out, handy new features :-D :p ;-)

Ddideemom8

Oct 18, 2014
Visit site
Why are some of my text in this weird font since getting Android 10?
86c0b8aacb948088cdf627351479f0fc.jpg

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
You should be....in my opinion it's the best Android os ever released. The biggest reason is the unbelievably gorgeous, relaxing, and easy on the eyes dark mode. But it's also a VERY polished and stylized os that just looks and feels high end. Plus it comes with lots of well thought out, handy new features :-D :p ;-)
Yup, basically everything you just said is absolutely true. Dark mode is amazing; Google NEEDS to implement dark mode in Google Assistant, and Gmail inbox quickly though.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site

I am totally enjoying the new experience so far! I haven't had the time to play with the phone much so this weekend will be my test run!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress