Photo editing, can I highlight text on a photo?

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I want to highlight a text passage on a Google Photo. I can't find a way to do it with the built-in photo editor. I'm looking for a simple editor to do that. What are your recommendations? Thanks.

HyperM3

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Like this?
cbba3b4c025942c7bbad36173413e968.jpg

BergerKing

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
Thanks, but I don't understand your reply.

The reply showed using the "pen" feature in the photo editor to highlight text in an image. Is this what you were trying to do? If not, more information on what you are trying to do would be helpful. Thanks!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
To get to that editing option in Google Photos, open the photo, tap the Edit button (2nd from the left), then the squiggly line button (2nd from the right at the bottom).

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
To get to that editing option in Google Photos, open the photo, tap the Edit button (2nd from the left), then the squiggly line button (2nd from the right at the bottom).

Thanks. It does mark the text, I was hoping I could HIGHLIGHT the text like i. e. Getting ready to paste, but just saving it with the highlighted text as a saved image. I hope this explanation of what I want to do is clear. Anyway, thanks again.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Thanks. It does mark the text, I was hoping I could HIGHLIGHT the text like i. e. Getting ready to paste, but just saving it with the highlighted text as a saved image. I hope this explanation of what I want to do is clear. Anyway, thanks again.

Did you try using Google Lens on the image in Google Photos, as gebco showed above? There's a Copy Text option there -- you have to go through a couple of steps, but it can be done relatively easily.

helendarack

Oct 27, 2021
Visit site
Do you mean you want to highlight the text or copy it? It is essential to understand the difference between these since the wrong application will considerably eat up the quality of the photo, and you will not achieve any good result. When I need to do something similar in my studies, I use the enhanced image app or something like that. In my college, I often have to face related problems since not all textbooks are screened in good quality, and it is not always clear what is written there, and it is complicated to study with such books. I hope my comment will help you; good luck to you

Last edited: