Pixel 3 owners: what's your next phone?

Brian rosenthal1

Jul 16, 2020
Visit site
I got the 3xl and don't see the advantage right now of changing ...had the droid turbo2 for 5 years so you could say I'm pretty loyal when it comes to my phone ...maybe pixel 7xl or something different

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I agree! I mean for me, before my pixel 3 XL, had a Galaxy s8 which I wound up hating completely. I'll keep my Pixel 3XL for a while... Like I said, that's why I wanted to see what the Pixel 5s are all about. however, my next phone will most likely have millimeter wavelength 5G and depending on how cheap foldables phones are in the next few years it might have that depends on what the expensive technology will bring in the future...

hdsdh

Sep 5, 2018
Visit site
I moved from Apple to a 2XL to 3 to 4 XL and am throwing in the towel. My 4 has been a trainwreck of dodgy performance and battery life. My wife has an iPhone 11 Pro Max. Her display is better, her battery is better, her CAMERA is better. I couldn't be more disappointed in this latest iteration of the Pixel. I'm heading back to iOS.

PennCentral

Jul 16, 2020
Visit site
Had my 3a for a year now and I still really like it. The camera and durability have been the strongest points. I was thinking about upgrading to the 4a, but considering how much it's been delayed and the fact that it's losing Active Edge... I don't know. I could totally rock my 3a until it dies, but I'm starting to feel a tiny bit annoyed by the thick bezels compared to phones for the same price or less in 2020, so maybe I'll get a different Android or maybe even an iPhone. But that's a big maybe. Again, I still really like my Pixel one year in, but with its successor being delayed and lacking Active Edge, I'm starting to look elsewhere.

Kerr Avon

Jun 1, 2019
Visit site
Bought my first ever Pixel, 3a XL, last year and still very happy with it. For the price, the camera is unbeatable, battery life is good, and Google's optimization has kept the phone running well. And makes such a change to get guaranteed updates for a change. No need to spend more on a phone. A bit disappointed there appears to be no XL version this year, so I'll try hang onto this until next year.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Bought my first ever Pixel, 3a XL, last year and still very happy with it. For the price, the camera is unbeatable, battery life is good, and Google's optimization has kept the phone running well. And makes such a change to get guaranteed updates for a change. No need to spend more on a phone. A bit disappointed there appears to be no XL version this year, so I'll try hang onto this until next year.
I completely agree with you! That's exactly why my mom has one as well...

LTrane

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
Currently have a Pixel 3 since launch. Was a huge fan of HTC phones since HTC One M. Features and style were great but each one had some major flaw; battery, random freezes or crashes, heating up like a charcoal, etc. I've had almost identical experiences with Pixel 3 so can't wait to change and maybe to larger phone. If Pixel 5 is XL size will get and hope for the best...yet again!

ACsnake

Jul 16, 2020
Visit site
Upgraded from my Pixel XL to a Pixel 4 at the back end of last year. Got my pixel 2 buds today and pretty pleased. Next phone will likely be the Pixel 6 or whatever they decide to call it. I can't believe the amount of people that complain about their Pixel's, i think its' great and don't think i've had any major problems to speak of. I wanted to cry when my new job role meant my boss ordering me a Macbook, iPad & iPhone XR last April (2019). They have been fine though, the `Mac is a bit underpowered and was pretty much discontinued the minute he bought it. The only thing better about the XR is the battery life, i can probably get 3 days use withough charging. Wouldn't swap it for my Pixel 4 though anyday....

Lyndseyvc

Jul 16, 2020
Visit site
I've been rocking the OG pixel for the past three years, just got the 3A, I couldn't resist two-year contract at £22 a month 😊

I couldn't cope with an iPhone, Samsung, or Sony, every model of their phones I've had have been on their last legs before the two-year contract has ended!

My husband got the OG pixel after seeing how nifty mine was but went back to iPhone last year, regretted it within a couple of months. He now wants a pixel 3A because it's better than his.

Ten Four

Jan 14, 2016
Visit site
My Pixel 2 is still running well and taking great photos, which is a major consideration for me. If/when the 4a comes out I will take a hard look, but may hang in there for a 5. I am sorely tempted by the iPhone 12 based on the reports, especially the small one. Love, love, love smaller phones. However, I would hate giving up all my USB C cables and chargers. I would really enjoy the superior apps that iOS gets. Even the same app is often better on iOS. Also like the fact that iPhones receive updates for a long time, and you can always get them repaired easily.

squidbe

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
Pixel 2xl owner here, and I've been looking at the competition because of Google's (mis)handling of the camera issue. The Play store comments for the camera app have a huge number of complaints about the camera dying after a certain update, and Google's response has been totally unacceptable. I haven't updated the camera app in about 9 months for fear of suffering the same fate described by countless other users.

Considering that the camera was one of the main selling points, Google really dropped the ball on this, so I'm wary of going with them again, especially given that there are high-quality, less expensive options.

Mark Elmes

Jul 16, 2020
Visit site
I bought a pixel 4xl and its so good, so under rated, I've got my old pixel as my work phone and even that is still excellent. I have an old Samsung S8 and it hasn't aged anywhere near as well as Pixel

Pensioner

Jul 16, 2020
Visit site
I have a Pixel 2 which I bought when it was released and it has been and still is, a great phone. Prior to that I had a series of HTC phones. I will probably go for a Pixel 5 when it is released and am looking forward to seeing the final specs.

Brad VanAlstine

Apr 23, 2015
Visit site
Love my 3axl was a Samsung guy before. Pixel got me with battery life, support and updates. I recommended this phone to others and they ended up purchasing it and absolutely love it. One former iPhone user and one former Motorola user. let's face it The average person doesn't need all the bells and whistles of the super expensive flagship. Not to mention the price points pretty damn good!

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38