Google Photos and Pixel 3 - End of an Era

rexxsor

Oct 31, 2018
Visit site
Google Photos unlimited original quality backups are officially gone from Pixel 3. Absolutely amazing while it lasted.

This was the one feature that's keeping me from getting a new phone immediately.

Since Pixel 6 is not available in my region, might start looking at OnePlus or even Samsung.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220201-092029.png
    Screenshot_20220201-092029.png
    740.4 KB · Views: 14

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
This wasn't just for the Pixel of any generation it was across the board, all Google backups, all devices. I agree that it sucks and them charging for a subscription is kind of sick too. Not sure what their 100 GB starts at per month but I think that is lowest.

I happened to be on a carrier that offered it's own unlimited storage but have since left them and started storing on a drive. For now I'll take the oldest stuff, minus anything I might need or want to have anytime anyplace, and move it to the drive and keep this up until they do away with free storage all together. It's funny how Samsung has done away with SD storage and now Google is capping storage all around the same time. I'm sure it was just coincidence.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
This wasn't just for the Pixel of any generation it was across the board, all Google backups, all devices. I agree that it sucks and them charging for a subscription is kind of sick too. Not sure what their 100 GB starts at per month but I think that is lowest.

I happened to be on a carrier that offered it's own unlimited storage but have since left them and started storing on a drive. For now I'll take the oldest stuff, minus anything I might need or want to have anytime anyplace, and move it to the drive and keep this up until they do away with free storage all together. It's funny how Samsung has done away with SD storage and now Google is capping storage all around the same time. I'm sure it was just coincidence.
Im on Google 1 100gb planScreenshot_20220131-221534.jpg

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Yeah 2 bucks a month doesn't sound like much until you do it for a year, then realize it's time to upgrade again. I'm good, whatever I have to do to avoid paying more. LOL.

Thanks for the pricing mustang7757.
I hear you
12.00 a year for me so i went for it , coffee a day is more a year these days
Welcome!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress