Bouncing dock! Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

chevyman29

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Mine did it as well. But only a few times and I didn't have to do anything but click on it a few times or launch the assistant to get it to stop I don't remember

alodar101

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
I opened the drawer about 50 times and it still kept on doing it... Finally solved by opening every app I have installed through the app drawer....

It's not done it since doing that, so I am a happy camper now.. :)

I saw this too in the beta on the 2xl. Never stopped. Reboots, resets, power drains. I finally decided I liked the iPhone better and turned the phone off. After several weeks I turned it back on and the bouncing was gone. I did NOT open every app though. I just assumed the phone/OS didn't like me and it was time to move on....who knew !!

booboolala2000

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
Don't think that has anything to do with it... The dock and all the docks icons constantly bounce up and down... Every so often it can be stopped by swiping up but it starts again after a few minutes...

It's almost like a feature to teach new owners how to get to the app drawer but you'd figure it would eventually say, okay they get it and stop...

Well, I would look and see if there are any notifications that go along with that bounce. I noticed that I had these kind of things for the first two days. No more.

hpilot

May 11, 2011
Visit site
I can't believe some people don't have this problem. It is very, very annoying. It makes me want to throw this phone against a wall! I spent 45 minutes on the phone with Google Support, and they finally said this was a feature and would stop in 24 hrs. It has been 26 hrs. and it is still there. I am getting ready to call them back, but I fear they will want me to wipe and reinstall. I just spent almost two days setting it up! Whoever decided this was a good idea is a total *****.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I can't believe some people don't have this problem. It is very, very annoying. It makes me want to throw this phone against a wall! I spent 45 minutes on the phone with Google Support, and they finally said this was a feature and would stop in 24 hrs. It has been 26 hrs. and it is still there. I am getting ready to call them back, but I fear they will want me to wipe and reinstall. I just spent almost two days setting it up! Whoever decided this was a good idea is a total *****.

It's not happening on mine either, what steps have you taken? Did you try rebooting see if it takes care of it?

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Mine bounced the first day I was setting it up and while I was getting used to it. From the second day on it has never bounced again. I think it was wanting me to try out the new gesture features.

raqball

Trusted Member
Oct 31, 2014
Visit site

Agree I was ready to do the same.... I am not sure what caused mine to finally stop but I did open every app from within the app drawer, paired up to AA and set up Assistant....

Mine only lasted a few hours though. If you are at 26 hours and counting then dang! I would have already request a return if mine had went on much longer...

Q: Did you set the phone up as new? I did and didn't port over anything from my Pixel 2. I wonder if that was part of the problem as it thinks you are a new user....

Either way it a terrible idea from Google.. If it's a new user type thing then put it on a counter. Once they swipe up 5 times figure they get it and stop it...

raqball

Trusted Member
Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
Only option to see factory reset and I know u don't want to , you definitely force closed it after ?

I no longer have the issue as mine stopped after a few hours but I do not think that would have solved it either..

The thing has some unknown series of events that need to happen before it stops. I've asked others if they setup a new (like I did) as maybe that is what's causing the behavior. I didn't port over anything from my Pixel 2, which never did this after the Android 9 upgrade...

I am guessing here but I believe it thinks someone is a new user and it wants to teach them....

hpilot

May 11, 2011
Visit site
Agree I was ready to do the same.... I am not sure what caused mine to finally stop but I did open every app from within the app drawer, paired up to AA and set up Assistant....

Mine only lasted a few hours though. If you are at 26 hours and counting then dang! I would have already request a return if mine had went on much longer...

Q: Did you set the phone up as new? I did and didn't port over anything from my Pixel 2. I wonder if that was part of the problem as it thinks you are a new user....

Either way it a terrible idea from Google.. If it's a new user type thing then put it on a counter. Once they swipe up 5 times figure they get it and stop it...

Yes, I installed as new.

hpilot

May 11, 2011
Visit site
I no longer have the issue as mine stopped after a few hours but I do not think that would have solved it either..

The thing has some unknown series of events that need to happen before it stops. I've asked others if they setup a new (like I did) as maybe that is what's causing the behavior. I didn't port over anything from my Pixel 2, which never did this after the Android 9 upgrade...

I am guessing here but I believe it thinks someone is a new user and it wants to teach them....

What it's teaching me is that people at Google are idiots!