12-21-2018 08:22 PM
158 123 ...
tools
    Anyone have any issues connecting to Android Auto with your Pixel 3? I was able to connect initially but it kept disconnecting and dropping the display. After a few times doing that it just stopped working all together. I uninstalled and reinstalled the most recent app updates and nothing changes. Suggestions? Was working just fine with my Pixel 2.
    10-19-2018 06:32 AM
    Anyone have any issues connecting to Android Auto with your Pixel 3? I was able to connect initially but it kept disconnecting and dropping the display. After a few times doing that it just stopped working all together. I uninstalled and reinstalled the most recent app updates and nothing changes. Suggestions? Was working just fine with my Pixel 2.
    I had the same issue. I deleted the Pixel 3 from my cars saved devices and then reconnected it. That seem to fix the issue for me.
    kevinjaku likes this.
    10-19-2018 07:32 AM
    My phone wouldn't connect to my truck until I restarted but since then I've had no connection issues with Bluetooth or Android auto.
    10-19-2018 08:37 AM
    Android Auto has always been a little funky.
    I used it with my 2015 Accord just before turning it in and now with my 2018 Accord.
    First with my 6P and now with my 2xl (waiting on my 3xl next week).
    Every once in a while it disconnects randomly or some other flaky thing, but it's rare.
    Before a long trip I'll reboot my phone and I never have a problem.
    Again, it's rare and it is one of my favorite phone related things.
    I love the hands free aspect of navigation, phone calls, text messaging and on a recent trip I actually streamed play music as I was in my wifes CRV that doesn't have xm and finding radio stations as you go state to state is an effing hassle.
    Also use mlb at bat over android auto. Very cool stuff.
    10-19-2018 08:47 AM
    So far so good in my 2017 Honda Pilot
    10-19-2018 11:11 AM
    No problems at all with my 2018 Jeep Unlimited Rubicon JK (say that 3 times fast - LOL) that has an Alpine i207 WRA in it...

Connected 1st try and solid so far...

As far as suggestions.. Try uninstalling and reinstalling AA and remove BT pairing from the head unit and try again...
    10-19-2018 11:26 AM
    I have a few questions for you. Have you used Android Auto with other phones before Pixel 3? What cable are you using?

Just a long shot but maybe you should get a better cable. I had the exact same issue with Pixel 2 XL when I was using the original Pixel cable. Then I purchased Anker cable from Amazon and since then it has been working like a charm - with Pixel 3 XL as well.

Anker [2-Pack 6ft] Premium Double-Braided Nylon USB-C to USB-A 2.0 Cable, for Samsung Galaxy S9/S9+/S8/S8+/Note 8, LG V20/G5/G6, and More https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07DC5PPFV...cUvbUpU6373282
    raqball likes this.
    10-19-2018 01:27 PM
    It’s not only android auto being flaky but CarPlay I have my more than common fair share of disconnects and freezing
    10-19-2018 02:13 PM
    I had the same experience as prakash99.

The OEM Google cable didn't work nearly as well as the Anker replacement cable. (P2XL with 2018 Chevy Bolt).
    10-19-2018 02:45 PM
    2017 Malibu here... Having an issue where when Waze notifies me of something, and I just have the radio on, it changes my audio source to Bluetooth. So then I have to navigate to my audio source to change the source back to the radio. Never had that issue before. I may just have to turn Waze audio off.
    10-19-2018 02:46 PM
    I have a few questions for you. Have you used Android Auto with other phones before Pixel 3? What cable are you using?

Just a long shot but maybe you should get a better cable. I had the exact same issue with Pixel 2 XL when I was using the original Pixel cable. Then I purchased Anker cable from Amazon and since then it has been working like a charm - with Pixel 3 XL as well.

Anker [2-Pack 6ft] Premium Double-Braided Nylon USB-C to USB-A 2.0 Cable, for Samsung Galaxy S9/S9+/S8/S8+/Note 8, LG V20/G5/G6, and More https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07DC5PPFV...cUvbUpU6373368
    Those are the same cables I use as well....
    10-19-2018 02:49 PM
    That seemed to do the trick for me too. I have to remember I don't need to add it as a Bluetooth device separately, the software just does it. I think it was a conflict. Thanks.
    raqball likes this.
    10-19-2018 03:14 PM
    The cable wasn't the issue. It's a direct from Google USB A to C and as I posted I had no issues with the Pixel 2. This issue has been resolved for me.
    prakash99 likes this.
    10-19-2018 03:16 PM
    The cable wasn't the issue. It's a direct from Google USB A to C and as I posted I had no issues with the Pixel 2. This issue has been resolved for me.
    Glad to know that your issue has been resolved even with Google's OEM cable, which was not working for me. However, I lost you when you said "That did the trick for me"... How did you resolve the problem?
    10-19-2018 03:41 PM
    However, I lost you when you said "That did the trick for me"... How did you resolve the problem?
    I assume my tip in post 6 to remove BT pairing from the head unit.. But maybe not..
    prakash99 likes this.
    10-19-2018 03:44 PM
    I am not having any issues on my Pixel 3XL. I had been having issues on my Pixel 2 XL which was corrected with a new A to C cable from Google. The one I had been using was from the OG Pixel and was kinda loose.

2016 Chevy Spark.
    10-19-2018 04:17 PM
    2014 Cadillac CTS V-Sport Premium with Cue: I can report AA initial setup and subsequent functionality with the P3XL works with a caveat: it shows "charging slowly". My P2XL always showed "charging".

I am using this cable: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...cUvbUpU6375343
    10-21-2018 12:13 PM
    I'm having Android Auto issues too with my Pixel 3. I previously used a Nexus 5x and Pixel without issue.

What are the settings y'all are using for driving mode?
    10-22-2018 07:43 PM

Anker [2-Pack 6ft] Premium Double-Braided Nylon USB-C to USB-A 2.0 Cable, for Samsung Galaxy S9/S9+/S8/S8+/Note 8, LG V20/G5/G6, and More https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07DC5PPFV...cUvbUpU6377071
    Ditto for me (Audi)
    10-22-2018 09:49 PM
    i have used the original Pixel and then the Pixel 2 on Android Auto without issue. Pixel 3 is a different story though. While the operation has been smooth, the volume control now defaults to 'Voice guidance' when using AA (most of the times), even if I am not stop using navigation. That's bothersome because i am not able adjust the volume on the music. Never happened on the Pixel or the Pixel 2
    10-22-2018 11:43 PM
    So what was happening with my issue, was that the phone will stay connected to bluetooth even when plugged in and in android auto mode... something I never had an issue with with my Galaxy S8+, bluetooth would just automatically disconnect from my car when android auto was initialized with that phone.
    10-23-2018 10:09 AM
    So what was happening with my issue, was that the phone will stay connected to bluetooth even when plugged in and in android auto mode... something I never had an issue with with my Galaxy S8+, bluetooth would just automatically disconnect from my car when android auto was initialized with that phone.
    I recall this also happening with my 6P
    10-23-2018 11:28 AM
    I had some issues early on with my Pixel 2 XL, but then I switched to a genuine Google cable and had no issues since. So far I haven't had any issues with my Pixel 3 XL.
    10-23-2018 02:23 PM
    I had some issues early on with my Pixel 2 XL, but then I switched to a genuine Google cable and had no issues since. So far I haven't had any issues with my Pixel 3 XL.
    Which cable did you purchase? Did you get it from the Google store? The only cables that I see is a c to c and a c to an a female. I need a c to a male. The cable that I'm using worked with my pixel just fine, but I'm willing to try a new cable because I'm out of ideas.

Emock,
    What was the solution for you?
    10-24-2018 06:55 AM
    So, after a few days of driving and trying AA with the P3XL in different vehicles I have run across a few issues:

1) 2014 Cadillac V-Sport Premium equipped with Cue: AA worked fine with a 6P and a P2XL. With the P3XL, it shows "charging slowly" whenever connected via USB for AA. Also, the Assistant in inconsistent; most of the time it does not show on the Cue display. Same cable, USB port as used with the other phones.

2) 2000 Dodge Dakota R/T equipped with a Pioneer AVH-3300NEX: AA worked fine with a P2XL. With the P3XL, the battery indicator on phone flashes between "charging" and not; and unable to make a USB connection to set up AA. This was an issue with the P2XL prior to Pioneer releasing 8.35 firmware update. Same cable, USB port as used with other phones.

These issues are a dealbreaker for me. I rely on my phone for business throughout the day, and on my commute to and from work using AA & GA for navigation, texts and home automation. Further, the drive home is the time I need the phone to recharge; not lose its charge!

At this point I am considering a return prior to the 15 day window expiring. It is a damn shame, as I love the display and the overall look & feel of the P3XL. However, at the end of the day I need a phone that "just works." So, I may just have to go back to the rock solid P2XL and revisit the P3XL next year.
    10-24-2018 08:50 AM
158 123 ...