Pixel headphones bug

puch96

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I tried the Pixel headphones that come in the box last night, and overall they sound good (for free headphones).
However, I noticed if I press and hold volume up to increase the volume, Google Assistant starts. (it is supposed to be hold the middle button on headphone to start up Google assistant).

Not only that, but if I try to increase the volume using volume rocker on the phone itself, if I press and hold, Google Assistant comes up.
Anyone else noticed this?

vzwuser76

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I tried the Pixel headphones that come in the box last night, and overall they sound good (for free headphones).
However, I noticed if I press and hold volume up to increase the volume, Google Assistant starts. (it is supposed to be hold the middle button on headphone to start up Google assistant).

Not only that, but if I try to increase the volume using volume rocker on the phone itself, if I press and hold, Google Assistant comes up.

Had the same thing happen. To increase volume you have to do a bunch of short presses for now. Hopefully they change it.

Krak-a-Lakn

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site

This is a feature and not a bug. It's supposed to do this.

BobLad

May 17, 2015
Visit site
I was surprised at how good those headphones sounded and how they stayed in my ears. Since the Google wireless headphones looked similar, I decided to get those. They also sound good and stay in your ears. They don't have the volume control problem. To increase/decrease volume you simply swipe the right headphone forward/backward.