Protect your tech:Get an Upsie warranty & save up to 70%
01-02-2019 09:04 AM
64 123
tools
    ... No sir you are incorrect that is a feature of Pixel Imprint it was first introduced with Nexus Imprint im literally talking fact and from experience I don't understand why you're arguing with facts? *facepalm*
    I don't know this article you got from Reddit not familiar with this site.

I'm familiar with facts also let me explain
    Go to fingerprint setup in your pixel device and hit help from there , now tell me do you see anything mentioned that it will learn your fingerprint over time?

Wouldn't the manufacturer explain that as you put your fingerprin?

Please show me where Google says this by Google themselves.
    Attached Thumbnails Fingerprint Sensor-1716.jpg  
    12-29-2018 08:04 AM
    I don't know this article you got from Reddit not familiar with this site.

I'm familiar with facts also let me explain
    Go to fingerprint setup in your pixel device and hit help from there , now tell me do you see anything mentioned that it will learn your fingerprint over time?

Wouldn't the manufacturer explain that as you put your fingerprin?

Please show me where Google says this by Google themselves.
    Screen shot
    Attached Thumbnails Fingerprint Sensor-1715.jpg  
    12-29-2018 08:04 AM
    ... No sir you are incorrect that is a feature of Pixel Imprint it was first introduced with Nexus Imprint im literally talking fact and from experience I don't understand why you're arguing with facts? *facepalm*
    I think you'll need to come with something more than a reddit post from some random user as source to support your "facts". The Nexus 5X has a Qualcomm 808 chip in it. There's no neural processing engine in that chip.

Considering FPS aren't unique to Pixels, there is nothing native in past OS (I think the 5X launched with 6.0) that would suggest that ML/AI is involved at all with the process.
    mustang7757 likes this.
    12-29-2018 11:45 AM
    Setting up two fingerprints per finger sounds genius. Thanks!
    mustang7757 and TraderGary like this.
    12-29-2018 11:53 AM
    I think you'll need to come with something more than a reddit post from some random user as source to support your "facts". The Nexus 5X has a Qualcomm 808 chip in it. There's no neural processing engine in that chip.

Considering FPS aren't unique to Pixels, there is nothing native in past OS (I think the 5X launched with 6.0) that would suggest that ML/AI is involved at all with the process.
    That's exactly what I'm trying to tell him
    DMP89145 likes this.
    12-29-2018 12:38 PM
    Please just Google search Nexus Imprint and David Burke and read almost any of the links referencing the press conference, Including the one from The Verge.
    Fair enough, but there doesn't seem to be an explanation of what that means..

https://www.androidcentral.com/nexus...ed-anything-me
    mustang7757 likes this.
    12-29-2018 06:18 PM
    Fair enough, but there doesn't seem to be an explanation of what that means..

https://www.androidcentral.com/nexus...ed-anything-me
    It's a article that was written by that author which probably where they got on reddit. Google itself hasn't come out and said it does this . I had the nexus p and still have the 5x and it doesn't learn more you use it even the article says no improvement have been seen. So if I dont see this by Google I'm sorry cant go by this .
    12-29-2018 06:34 PM
    It's a article that was written by that author which probably where they got on reddit. Google itself hasn't come out and said it does this . I had the nexus p and still have the 5x and it doesn't learn more you use it even the article says no improvement have been seen. So if I dont see this by Google I'm sorry cant go by this .
    Here one article this guy also talked to David burke but doesn't mention adaptive fingerprint.
    https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&sour...=1546129239639
    12-29-2018 06:49 PM
    I can't find anything from Google suggesting ML/AI is involved at all with Pixel Imprint. Lots about the on device storage and the TEE, though .. LoL!
    mustang7757 and TraderGary like this.
    12-29-2018 07:25 PM
    Ladies and gentlemen, please keep discussion productive and on topic. Personal attacks, insults, taking threads off topic and other disruptive posting behaviors are not acceptable. If you do not like a post, please behave like an adult and move on, or if you feel it violates the forum rules, please report it. At no point should members be calling each other out in posts. Thanks.
    12-30-2018 07:49 AM
    21:20 in the a Google - September Press Event 2015 listen for a minute, he says things like "Once trained it can recognise a single finger in less than 600ms", and continues later to say "What's really cool, is that Nexus imprint gets better over time"

I literally just went into my fingerprint settings and tapped away and watched it learn my entire fingerprint.
    Try what I'm asking you to do, add a brand new fingerprint and tap away while in the fingerprint section and just watch as it learns.... Just try it.

I'm done here if this doesn't prove my point, it's proving to be time well wasted. As well as being sorry for trying to improve your UX
    12-30-2018 09:17 PM
    Scanning my fingerprint is fine but swipe down and up for the notification bar with it is still garbage compared to my old 2XL.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    01-02-2019 01:50 AM
    Scanning my fingerprint is fine but swipe down and up for the notification bar with it is still garbage compared to my old 2XL.
    That's too bad. Hopefully that gets fixed with ensuing updates.
    mwboost likes this.
    01-02-2019 07:19 AM
    I had my 2 XL for a year. I've had my 3 XL since it was released. My fingerprint scanner and swipe up and down for the notification bar both work the same. I use both multiple times daily. I experienced no difference going from the 2 XL to the 3 XL.

I would suggest calling support and requesting an exchange.
    mwboost likes this.
    01-02-2019 09:04 AM
64 123