anyone get their $50 Google store credit yet?

dmxjago

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
I received mine yesterday. Might wait for the home hub to go on sale to $99 on Black Friday then slap that $50 credit and get one for $50 opposed to $150

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I received mine yesterday. Might wait for the home hub to go on sale to $99 on Black Friday then slap that $50 credit and get one for $50 opposed to $150

I got confused by the prices on the site yesterday. I see now that they are not reduced till Thursday.

milehigherik

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Did anyone here have any return or replacement issues and still receive your credit as of today? The reason I ask is that my first pixel 3XL did not Wireless charge and I did a replacement through Google.

I pre-ordered within a minute of the pre-orders going live. I did receive the email initially stating I would receive the $50 credit. Just curious thanks.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
No you won't be receiving the credit, same situation here and had to RMA my pre order device due to faulty camera. But unfortunately that nullifies the $50 credit even though it's not our fault.

PS: I had received the original email about the credit as well.

Did anyone here have any return or replacement issues and still receive your credit as of today? The reason I ask is that my first pixel 3XL did not Wireless charge and I did a replacement through Google.

I pre-ordered within a minute of the pre-orders going live. I did receive the email initially stating I would receive the $50 credit. Just curious thanks.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Few people had called and they were told that. I haven't received the credit yet so inline with what others were told. I didn't want to waste my time taking to them since they are going to not be of any help. You can try calling them and see what they say if you want.
Google told you that?

milehigherik

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm on the phone with them now. My replacement order was held up for about a week stuck in a processing state. intentionally told me not to cancel that and just order another one because of the $50 pre-order credit. Will report back. I don't take no for an answer. Especially when I was advised otherwise.

Damn good thing the pixel is worth all good hassle. I have minimal issues.
Few people had called and they were told that. I haven't received the credit yet so inline with what others were told. I didn't want to waste my time taking to them since they are going to not be of any help. You can try calling them and see what they say if you want.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Great update if you get it resolved, I'll give it a shot as well if I hear a success story
I'm on the phone with them now. My replacement order was held up for about a week stuck in a processing state. intentionally told me not to cancel that and just order another one because of the $50 pre-order credit. Will report back. I don't take no for an answer. Especially when I was advised otherwise.

Damn good thing the pixel is worth all good hassle. I have minimal issues.

milehigherik

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
That was my shortest call to Google so far and that was good. I was assured by two different Representatives that I was still eligible for the $50 promotional credit. I said there are other people that have said they were not eligible due to RMA issues. He said rest assured if your order is still here in the system and not cancelled then you will be fine. I said do you see that I had a replacement? He said yes. He said please don't hold me to this but I see that your credit should be applied the last week of November.
Great update if you get it resolved, I'll give it a shot as well if I hear a success story

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Honestly, I don't trust their word. Probably they have no idea and just wanted to push the issue. Everyone who doesn't have a RMA received their credit so kind of hard to believe them. Anyway let's see what happens in another couple of weeks, we will know eventually.
That was my shortest call to Google so far and that was good. I was assured by two different Representatives that I was still eligible for the $50 promotional credit. I said there are other people that have said they were not eligible due to RMA issues. He said rest assured if your order is still here in the system and not cancelled then you will be fine. I said do you see that I had a replacement? He said yes. He said please don't hold me to this but I see that your credit should be applied the last week of November.

milehigherik

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Agreed. He said 4-6 weeks, I have two documented calls now.. they're just gonna frustrate me. I'll wear them down. I have the patience.

I already had them give me a $50 Google store credit for a screen protector I purchased from a third party company. I demanded it since their defective pixel warranted a new screen protector on my behalf. Not on my dime. Two previous reps from Google tried to confuse that $50.
Honestly, I don't trust their word. Probably they have no idea and just wanted to push the issue. Everyone who doesn't have a RMA received their credit so kind of hard to believe them. Anyway let's see what happens in another couple of weeks, we will know eventually.

cporta

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
Well, what a pile of dung. Turns out that if you pre-ordered the Pixel 3 through Project Fi you don't get the store credit. Even though the order was processed through the Google store, they say it doesn't qualify. The promotional email does not say Project Fi is excluded.

I realize it's only $50, but this is the first time I've been disappointed with Google customer service.

HyperM3

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
I got my email for the credit, I had no idea I was getting a credit. Wish I didnt get the stand originally then so I could put it towards it. Didnt know what I wanted to I put a case in my cart and ordered it. Then at dinner last night, my mom says she wants a Google home thingy. When I got home I cancelled my order but I hope I dont need to call Google to get the money refunded back to the gift card to order the other thing.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez