Save big + get 3 months free! Sign up for ExpressVPN today

10-20-2019 06:47 AM
61 123
tools
    Anybody else’s pixel 3 suddenly doing this? Green screen/flashing-5092811a-6dea-46a5-bcd5-a8183f340356.jpg
    12-25-2018 07:19 PM
    Good heavens ... that looks awful! That looks like half of the screen went wonky ... but the icons are still showing through the green?? I sure hope someone here knows what is going on, then again, you will probably be on the phone to Google tomorrow first thing, won't you?!?!
    12-25-2018 07:46 PM
    Good heavens ... that looks awful! That looks like half of the screen went wonky ... but the icons are still showing through the green?? I sure hope someone here knows what is going on, then again, you will probably be on the phone to Google tomorrow first thing, won't you?!?!
    Yeah, it's difficult to use and incredibly bright. Chat support is working today, which is surprising. They are getting me a replacement.
    12-25-2018 07:49 PM
    Great!! I've only heard positive things about Google Support Services, but I sure hope I don't have to use them ... Merry Christmas!
    12-25-2018 07:54 PM
    Sadly, I've had to have every Pixel device I've purchased replaced at some point. Google support has been amazing but I think this is going to be my last.
    12-25-2018 07:59 PM
    Yeah, it's difficult to use and incredibly bright. Chat support is working today, which is surprising. They are getting me a replacement.
    Sheesh .. never seen anything like that. Glad you're getting a replacement, tho..
    12-25-2018 08:01 PM
    Did you just enable developer options?

It happened to me when I did, I had to disable the upgrade screen option it shows up as green when that part of the screen updates.
    12-26-2018 02:41 AM
    Did you just enable developer options?

It happened to me when I did, I had to disable the upgrade screen option it shows up as green when that part of the screen updates.
    Developer options have been enabled since I got the phone in November, and that was only to adjust the animation transitions.

What is the "upgrade screen" option? I don't see that anywhere in developer settings.

One thing I did notice was that the phone felt warm at the time. Not hot, but like I had been holding it for a while (I had been using it when the screen started acting up). No issues so far this morning but I haven't used it much either. Definitely feels cooler. Maybe it was some thermal expansion causing issues.
    12-26-2018 06:48 AM
    I think this was it, mine kept flashing green or staying green in areas when updated. Which was on from the go though for some strange reason.
    12-26-2018 08:39 AM
    Interesting, mine was off. I enabled it to see what it does. It was the same shade of green but not the experience I was seeing. It became more flashing as the evening went, like looking into a green strobe light.
    12-26-2018 10:13 AM
    Hello, I'm in the same boat till yesterday. It's very annoying after I have changed three times before because the built quality has been terrible and the pink screen. Now it has been perfect till yesterday.
    My question is, is the flashing still there? Or did you replace your Pixel 3.
    (Pixel 3, 128GB)
    01-13-2019 02:47 AM
    Hello, I'm in the same boat till yesterday. It's very annoying after I have changed three times before because the built quality has been terrible and the pink screen. Now it has been perfect till yesterday.
    My question is, is the flashing still there? Or did you replace your Pixel 3.
    (Pixel 3, 128GB)
    I got a replacement under warranty. We'll see how this one works out.
    01-17-2019 07:43 AM
    ok I got this also today not all the time and only pulling notification shade down.
    my thinking is I enabled live wallpaper name voyage to try help another member and didn't delete to my normal wallpaper until now . I think it has something to do with this and going try a reboot and see if happens again.

Exit : mine went away after reboot
    01-19-2019 05:06 PM
    ok I got this also today not all the time and only pulling notification shade down.
    my thinking is I enabled live wallpaper name voyage to try help another member and didn't delete to my normal wallpaper until now . I think it has something to do with this and going try a reboot and see if happens again.

That would be wild if that's the solution
    01-19-2019 06:31 PM
    That would be wild if that's the solution
    Dont Know, but I'm still trying to fiddle with mine to try make it happen, but something going on with live wallpaper.
    01-19-2019 07:44 PM
    I have the exact same Problem too since 2 hours ago. I noticed when it's not flickering you can see a green Line in the middle of the display.
    01-19-2019 10:15 PM

Mine went away for a bit after a reboot. I have a black background on my screen and it was happening at all times, not just the notification shade. It seemed more like a hardware issue as it happened during the boot screen as well.
    mustang7757 likes this.
    01-21-2019 09:07 AM
    Mine went away for a bit after a reboot. I have a black background on my screen and it was happening at all times, not just the notification shade. It seemed more like a hardware issue as it happened during the boot screen as well.
    Yeah yours probably different problem then mine , I tried to make it happen again but nothing so far.
    01-21-2019 09:28 AM
    Yes, the same problem with my 2 weeks old Pixel 3. It's now the 2nd time for ~60-90 minutes... Looks like a Chrome Browser Cache Memory problem?! I shut down the device and after minutes the problem has been solved. I have contacted today my local dealer and we will wait for the next System Update...

Please check:

Open the Chrome App and stream audio via bandcamp.com ~10-15 minutes for free. After the time close the Browser app... I can surf hours via the Chrome App without any problems but audio streaming for minutes and closing the Browser makes trouble on my device.

Cheers
    Simon
    01-23-2019 05:22 AM
    Yes, the same problem with my 2 weeks old Pixel 3. It's now the 2nd time for ~60-90 minutes... Looks like a Chrome Browser Cache Memory problem?! I shut down the device and after minutes the problem has been solved. I have contacted today my local dealer and we will wait for the next System Update...

Please check:

Open the Chrome App and stream audio via bandcamp.com ~10-15 minutes for free. After the time close the Browser app... I can surf hours via the Chrome App without any problems but audio streaming for minutes and closing the Browser makes trouble on my device.

Cheers
    Simon
    Replaced yesterday my Pixel 3 after only ~3 weeks at my local dealer store. The Google phone makes not only trouble streaming audio via Chrome... Bandcamp. Same bug with the Twitter app after ~10-15 minutes loading video data in the background?! I still think it's a Memory problem.

Cheers
    Simon
    01-24-2019 01:23 AM
    Yes! We are on ours SIXTH replacement phone! What the hey hey. Why can't they get it right? And, why is there no one other than the firstliners who answer the phone who can help? The customer service is atrocious. They have promised again and again that they would verify that the phone does not have this issue, yet they keep sending it. I'd like to give up, but my family member is insistent that they have this phone. I've requested that they replace it with the 3XL, but they won't budge. I've requested that they replace it with the 2XL, but they won't budge. We even requested it in a different color, thinking maybe it would come from a different manufacturing plant, but they wouldn't even do that. No cost difference. No trouble for them. But, nope. So, we will just continue returning until they get it right. (!st picture was intended to be a video.)Green screen/flashing-google-pixel-3-1st-phone-2.gif

Maybe this will help see the video: https://twitter.com/AshTracy/status/1071057340982575104
    Attached Thumbnails Green screen/flashing-google-pixel-3-1st-phone.jpg  
    01-29-2019 09:15 AM
    Oh my god my replacement device is doing the same green screen from my OP. How is the camera on the OnePlus 6T these days?
    02-02-2019 07:33 PM
    Oh my god my replacement device is doing the same green screen from my OP. How is the camera on the OnePlus 6T these days?
    Wow, you sure it's not something else?
    1+6 camera is good and can take pretty good pictures but not all the time. Its hard to beat the pixel camera or be as consistent.
    02-02-2019 07:41 PM
    I think it's some sort of hardware issue, it even occurs during the boot screen so there's not really any settings I can change to make a difference. The support person suggested system and app updates but everything is on the latest version.

I know it's hard to beat the Pixel with pictures, but when there seems to be a quality issue (a coworker has had to replace his as well) then it's hard to want to continue with the device.
    02-02-2019 07:49 PM
    I think it's some sort of hardware issue, it even occurs during the boot screen so there's not really any settings I can change to make a difference. The support person suggested system and app updates but everything is on the latest version.

I know it's hard to beat the Pixel with pictures, but when there seems to be a quality issue (a coworker has had to replace his as well) then it's hard to want to continue with the device.
    I can understand your frustration
    Maybe ask to swap for 3xl ?
    02-02-2019 07:56 PM
61 123