Thoughts on Android Central's article on Pixel 3's "horrendously slow" camera?

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
I Do have a Garmin Fenix 5 watch connected.... I have not had time to enable Bluetooth but unpair the watch yet. To test if it's Bluetooth, or a connected device doing it.
Mentioned it because of this ...

All this talk about Bluetooth on/off raises an interesting possibility - Android Wear smartwatches can act as a remote viewfinder and shutter button for the camera app, yes?

For people having the long load time issue, could these "features" be coming into play?

Worth a try instead of completely disable Bluetooth.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Re: Thoughts on Android Central's article on Pixel 3's "horrendously slow" camera?

Right.... Either way, we're on the right track!
Yeah, I think we are and thanks to people like you that have the problem, try things that were posted here and give their feedback.

chevyman29

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I always have mine paired to a plantronics ear piece , and even while talking on the phone it's still 1.5 seconds from launch to snapping a pic. As best me and my girl friend can time out.

I don't think it's so much the blue tooth causing a problem as what 3rd party app that uses blue tooth.

KillerQ

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I always have mine paired to a plantronics ear piece , and even while talking on the phone it's still 1.5 seconds from launch to snapping a pic. As best me and my girl friend can time out.

I don't think it's so much the blue tooth causing a problem as what 3rd party app that uses blue tooth.

Regardless, it's all going back to Bluetooth in some form.... It's strange

KillerQ

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
So your thinking is from bluetooth causing the lag ? I'll have to try this out . Bluetooth watch ? Or bluetooth devices?

Yes.... I haven't figured out if it's the Bluetooth radio or the BT device, but either way, disabling Bluetooth on the phone is an instant fix. Try it!

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Yes.... I haven't figured out if it's the Bluetooth radio or the BT device, but either way, disabling Bluetooth on the phone is an instant fix. Try it!

Ok I paired my pixel 3 xl with a Android watch I got for Christmas Bluetooth and camera works without issue. Do I have to leave for a day or 2 to see this issue?

KillerQ

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Ok I paired my pixel 3 xl with a Android watch I got for Christmas Bluetooth and camera works without issue. Do I have to leave for a day or 2 to see this issue?

Well, I don't think the problem affects every phone. But when people DO have the lag problem, turning off Bluetooth has been solving it. Consider yourself lucky. Give it a few hours, see if it acts up

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Well, I don't think the problem affects every phone. But when people DO have the lag problem, turning off Bluetooth has been solving it. Consider yourself lucky. Give it a few hours, see if it acts up

Definitely leave it paired for awhile see what happens, I usually don't wear watches but got as a gift so will try it out and report back.

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Mine (3XL) is regularly paired with my car, a headset, and a Huawei Watch, haven't had any issues. Bluetooth may well be a factor in the problem, but it would seem to be but one of the ingredients or the issue would be much more widespread - perhaps an affected part of the product run or another app not 'playing nice' with its granted permissions.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa