Notification sound

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I have a notification sound that works when I get a notification. I also get a notification but I don't find any notification. What is causing this. Thanks

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Are any BT devices trying to connect to your phone or do you have any cross-platform apps that might be getting notifications everywhere but clearing them if you have the app open on another device or computer (like Messenger or FB)?

HyperM3

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
I have a notification sound that works when I get a notification. I also get a notification but I don't find any notification. What is causing this. Thanks

If you are referring to what I think you are referring to, Im experiencing the same thing. Ill have my phone sitting right next to me and Ill hear the default notification sound, but when I look at my phone there is no visual notification.

I have found that some of my apps(like Fuely for instance) do updates now and then syncing information in the background(but visually presents with a sync notification) and that creates a sound notification but no lasting visual notification.

Last edited:

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
I do have several news readers but they all post notifications when the sound annouces Its arrival.
Do you have NFC enabled? Also, you can check if that unknown sound left a record in the notification log. These steps work on Oreo so most likely they will still work for Pie. Long press an empty spot on your home screen - Widgets - scroll down until you find 'Settings' - drag it to the screen and select 'Notification log'. This process will create a widget, click on it and see which apps are listed in the log.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Do you have NFC enabled? Also, you can check if that unknown sound left a record in the notification log. These steps work on Oreo so most likely they will still work for Pie. Long press an empty spot on your home screen - Widgets - scroll down until you find 'Settings' - drag it to the screen and select 'Notification log'. This process will create a widget, click on it and see which apps are listed in the log.

Good tip

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site

You may be on the right track.
I noticed that there was data in the log that I had no notification for. I disabled the notification for both. Let's see if that fixes it. Thanks.

Boogr

Oct 25, 2018
Visit site
I was having this too. So far, caught AccuBattery app notifying me about battery and charge status.

Thanks very much for posting this lesson - works great on my 3XL.

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Actually, there were a few. Some of the problems were also by not having Permissions set correctly. As usual, it was user error.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty