Who's still using their 3A?

Lambertoid

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
So I just came across a nice little deal for a new 3A for 151.00. I have been using the iphone xr and before that I was using the LG V60 but that thing was massive and the amount of bloat on it was horrible. So I cracked the back of my Xr And decided to look for a deal and found this one.

Is anyone still using it as a daily driver? I know people do but just wondering on the forums?

It's going to take some time to get used to the size but it's a pixel and loved my nexus 5 and pixel 3xl.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I have a friend who is still using his Pixel 3 (as far as I know) and he's really liking it. I'm pretty sure quite a few users here are still rocking their 3 line phones.

Personally, I think that's a great deal and that the 3/3a lines were underrated. I preferred the 3 line to the 4,TBH.

wcavaliere88

Nov 20, 2015
Visit site
So I just came across a nice little deal for a new 3A for 151.00. I have been using the iphone xr and before that I was using the LG V60 but that thing was massive and the amount of bloat on it was horrible. So I cracked the back of my Xr And decided to look for a deal and found this one.

Is anyone still using it as a daily driver? I know people do but just wondering on the forums?

It's going to take some time to get used to the size but it's a pixel and loved my nexus 5 and pixel 3xl.

I was up until last week, it was a great device. I would probably still be using it but couldn't pass up $100 off a pixel 4a5g from Google Fi. The 3a served me well for a year and a half, never any issues. My wife is still using her 3aXL and has not had any issues either. For the cost they are definitely worth it.

HighwayBob

Dec 22, 2017
Visit site
I've been using my 3a XL as my daily driver since July 2019 and still love it. I won't be replacing it for at least another year.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I've been using my 3a XL as my daily driver since July 2019 and still love it. I won't be replacing it for at least another year.

Pixels do have that longevity "gene", so to speak... When you get one, you want to keep it for as long as possible!

kmcochran

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
I'm still using my 3aXL that I got at launch. One son is still using his 3a and other son got a 4a for his birthday last Nov. No issues with any of the phones. I generally keep my phones until they are unbearable to use, generally in the 3yr range.

grumpyalbertm

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
I have the pixel 3a XL since it first came out and it's been my daily driver have not fully committed to upgrading to the pixel 5 yet mostly because I have to many phone cases and a battery case .. ya I keep it protected and I like the battery case for extra juice when I am not near a charger. Best part of the pixel 3a XL is the stereo speakers that the pixel 5 does not have.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Pixels do have that longevity "gene", so to speak... When you get one, you want to keep it for as long as possible!
I'm still using my 2 (with the latest camera app). I haven't seen anything but astrophotography on the newer ones, and I have a camera for that.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm still using my 2 (with the latest camera app). I haven't seen anything but astrophotography on the newer ones, and I have a camera for that.

I miss my Google Pixel 2 so much! I gave it to my brother to use and he loved it too! You're right about the camera working for those "extra" needs. Do you have the regular 2 or the 2 XL?

Lambertoid

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
I love seeing how many people still use it. I haven't swapped yet but have used it on wifi. I tried to swap but my text were not coming through from the wife. She of course is on iOS and never understands why I always switch back to android.

This weekend I hope to mess with it and get imessage completely turned off to go full time with the 3a to hold me over for until I get something newer or switch back lol.

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site

I'm still using my 1, and except for a reluctance to charge sometimes when it's turned off (I just charge it while on and problem solved), it's still working great. I have a brand new 3XL I need to put into service though :p

Lambertoid

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
I'm happy to say I am on the pixel 3a and it's working. Text and all are working! I've always jumped back and forth from iOS to android but I wanted to see how the 3a has aged and so far it works great!

mgbosshogg

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
My son uses a pixel 3a. I bought it on a whim new to try and never got round to selling it.

He loves it. He is quite into photography ( shoots with an old canon DSLR of mine normally ) and has taken some amazing shots with the 3a.

Outside the camera , the rest of the device suits him perfectly.
It's like new , battery lasts him well and he likes the clean ( boring as hell to me ) OS.

Great wee device.