Curvature to the Back?

anon(8648115)

Dec 21, 2015
Visit site
Hey guys,

So I got a Pixel 3a XL and am shocked--shocked--at how well this device performs for its price point, not to mention the camera.

At any rate, I noticed while using it that there's a subtle but noticeable curvature to the back of the phone--it's not flat. I thought I was seeing things, or psyching myself out after some reports of warping. However, I laid it screen down on the table and it indeed bows out towards the back (i.e. there was parabolic space between the flat desk surface and the screen).

Thought this was a fluke, so I took it back to Best Buy and they replaced it. Exact same bowing outward. Again, it's not something I noticed at first but once I saw it and then felt the curvature, I couldn't un-notice it.

Went to a completely different best buy and swapped it out. Exact same curvature.

Three times that this has happened from different stores seems like a statistical impossibility, which is why I wanted to ask if any of you notice a bowing outward of your 3a/3a XLs? If it's pretty common, then no point in worrying about it--I'll just have to get over my own OCD.

Thanks!

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
There were also some issues with the speaker holes and usb C hole on the bottom not lining up correctly.... one of the major phone/electronics sites had an article about quite a few complaints on it. I guess if it works okay don't worry about it.
I'm getting pretty disappointed in Google's lack of quality control though.

I almost picked up an S9 on sale for prime day, even though I'm trying my best to hold out for another pixel.

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
what was your deal on the s9?

It was $350 USD. I came sooo close to picking one up, but my pixel is running great and I still get security updates and Q coming, I also have a backup phone I really like, so I couldn't justify the cost. Besides there's always great deals on year old flagships if you look a little.

I just haven't had my pixel long enough to justify a new phone purchase yet, there's smarter places the money could go...... but man was I tempted! :-D