How do I mass-delete voice messages on the 3a?

Mar 4, 2017
Visit site
On my 3a, I save the occasional voice message for future reference, and over time, those messages become obsolete and build up.

So how do I mass-delete them? Not one-by-one, and not "empty the mailbox," but rather something where I can indicated which messages should be deleted and get rid of just those?

jhilker

Trusted Member
Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
On my 3a, I save the occasional voice message for future reference, and over time, those messages become obsolete and build up.

So how do I mass-delete them? Not one-by-one, and not "empty the mailbox," but rather something where I can indicated which messages should be deleted and get rid of just those?
Is there an app specific to the 3a that handles voicemail? I'm on Sprint, still using their voicemail app, but would like to get it the native app.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunately, I don't have multiple saved voicemails on my Pixel 3 XL to test, but try opening the Phone app and tapping the Voicemail tab. Then long-press one of the voicemails. Does it get checked, and then give you the option to check more?

Mar 4, 2017
Visit site
Unfortunately, I don't have multiple saved voicemails on my Pixel 3 XL to test, but try opening the Phone app and tapping the Voicemail tab. Then long-press one of the voicemails. Does it get checked, and then give you the option to check more?

BIG thank you! Yes, this is what one does. Long-pressing (like half a second or so) and holding selects a message, one selects all the messages they want to delete, then tap the trash can icon in the upper right of the screen to delete them all.

(*Caveat: it works for my 3a in Verizon - different carriers may have different functionality)

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Hmmm,I don't have a team for voicemail.Looks like my carrier's voicemail app has overridden.

What tabs do you see at the bottom of the screen in your Phone app? Is it only Favorites, Recents, and Contacts? For me, Voicemail is the 4th one at the rightmost position.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Hmm, yeah -- must be a Sprint thing. Are you able to uninstall any Sprint voicemail app that might be on the phone?