2800mAh? Is this a joke?

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Do you have the stickied pre-order thread set up??

Wonder if it will reach 5K posts like the Samsung 10 thread did.
No... I don't do stickies. Above my pay grade. I can only request a sticky

To your second point will probably see less than 1000 unless every body gets excited about the magic radar features and small battery

ezdoit

Sep 20, 2019
Visit site
No... I don't do stickies. Above my pay grade. I can only request a sticky

To your second point will probably see less than 1000 unless every body gets excited about the magic radar features and small battery

When I get to be Sheriff, I'll be in charge of stickies, like in "Stick'm Up!"

SupraLB

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site
According to Verizon, battery life performance on the standard Pixel 4 has been reduced between 12% and 20%. Usage vs Stand by. In comparison to the Pixel 3. That's a terrible step backwards in one year.

phones.JPG

maj71303

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Pixel 4xl may have a chence but the 2800mah Pixel 4 at that price battling the iPhone 11 that is at a cheaper price is not going to end well in At&t, Verizon, Sprint, and T-Mobile stores.

onthecouchagain

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I really can't wait to see battery life results in reviews and testing, especially factoring in the 90Hz refresh rate of the screen.

What will people who -- unbelievably -- defended Google's battery size decision say then? What will those that used the argument that software optimization alone is enough say?

If the results are poor, it will be yet another year where the Pixel lineup fails to deliver competitive battery life in a flagship device. Apple just added 5 additional hours to their iPhone flagship. Five! They do it with both software and hardware.

We'll see. I sincerely hope to be surprised.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I really can't wait to see battery life results in reviews and testing, especially factoring in the 90Hz refresh rate of the screen.

What will people who -- unbelievably -- defended Google's battery size decision say then? What will those that used the argument that software optimization alone is enough say?

If the results are poor, it will be yet another year where the Pixel lineup fails to deliver competitive battery life in a flagship device. Apple just added 5 additional hours to their iPhone flagship. Five! They do it with both software and hardware.

They seem to have added auto intelligence into the 90Hz refresh rate to turn it off when not needed from what I recall in the event. A lot will depend on the type of content consumption naturally. Just to be clear I'm not defending the small battery decision but it's not a model I'm interested in.

Last edited:

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site

Likewise. A point I made earlier is that it would be possible for it to have similar or even better battery life than the 3 despite having a smaller battery IF the specific display itself is more efficient than its predecessor when running at 60Hz and not much less efficient at 90Hz, IF the software is very agile at managing the switching, and if the native 40% efficiency of the 7nm 855 (vs the 10nm 845) combine to afford it.

Of course, if Verizon's listing is accurate, then it's a sad state. Still worth holding off complete condemnation till we have production unit reviews when they've been in the wild a bit, though it's not looking good.

the_boon

Aug 7, 2018
Visit site
It's like they deliberately made the gap in battery size between the 4 and 4 XL to push more people to the XL??

Maybe the 3 outsold the 3 XL too much?

Shaunomercy

Oct 16, 2019
Visit site
Well I've placed my order with some trepidation..
I'm a huge fan of the pixel phones and I'm going for the pixel 4 from a 2xl.
However Im seriously worried about battery life. There was no mention of an all day battery at the unveiling..
My 2xl at 2 years old still manages a 15hr shift at work with chatting, web surfing and constantly searching for a phone signal whilst it travels 400mile a night...

I didn't want the 4xl as it's bigger than the 2xl and with a military grade drop protection case round it, it would be pushing the 4xl to nearly a 7 inch phone...

So how have the pixel 3 users got on with their battery life in day to day proper use ?

Any hope for the pixel 4 ?

And why why why is the orange not available in 128gb... cheers Google..

Last edited:

Guyinbox

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Well I've placed my order with some trepidation..
I'm a huge fan of the pixel phones and I'm going for the pixel 4 from a 2xl.
However Im seriously worried about battery life. There was no mention of an all day battery at the unveiling..
My 2xl at 2 years old still manages a 15hr shift at work with chatting, web surfing and constantly searching for a phone signal whilst it travels 400mile a night...

I didn't want the 4xl as it's bigger than the 2xl and with a military grade drop protection case round it, it would be pushing the 4xl to nearly a 7 inch phone...

So how have the pixel 3 users got on with their battery life in day to day proper use ?

Any hope for the pixel 4 ?

And why why why is the orange not available in 128gb... cheers Google..

The 3 xl has pretty bad battery life. I can't imagine the regular 3 is much better. Keep your fingers crossed for the regular 4.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Android 10 had a lot of battery use optimization over 9 - and my charge-to-charge time shows it. With the 4 coming with 10, it shouldn't be that big an issue, but it's still too small for my taste. (Not that it would get me to jump back into the Samsung firepit. I had too many Samsungs go bad during warranty and told it was my fault - when it wasn't. My Pixel 2? They had me send them a debug dump to diagnose a problem, and I had left the phone rooted ... so the dev I was working with just asked me to unroot and send him another dump. [Which I understand - about 25% of the dump was lines thrown in because the phone was rooted, and he wanted the smallest dump possible.])

I just want to see a Pixel with something new. The P2 with the latest Camera 3 port isn't very far below the 4. And I'm still getting updates to 10. I might buy a 5 if they come out with something (other than WiFi 6, which doesn't interest me, because I have no need for it). Or stay on 10 until the 6 comes out.

Why not put a bigger battery in, plus do battery optimizing.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty