WTF Wide angle lens?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Wide angle is what I loved about LG. When I saw it coming to more and more phones that made me happy. I love being able to easily fit more into a shot. I've always found that lens fun.. so the Pixel not having it was definitely a shocker for me.

SupraLB

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site
Wide angle is what I loved about LG. When I saw it coming to more and more phones that made me happy. I love being able to easily fit more into a shot. I've always found that lens fun.. so the Pixel not having it was definitely a shocker for me.

I agree, I used the wide angle lens probably 90% of the time when I had LG. Had me browsing their product page earlier wondering when their next model might come out.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I agree, I used the wide angle lens probably 90% of the time when I had LG. Had me browsing their product page earlier wondering when their next model might come out.
It's ironic.... You probably remember when LG was the only one with a wide angle camera. Those who didn't have it usually dismissed it. I fall guilty of that sometimes too with other features.

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
I also loved wide angle with LG. I didn't have telephoto but used the wide angle a lot.

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
Have note 10+ and oh man I don't think I can live without ultra wide angle camera. I am a definite pass on pixel 4. Maybe few months from now, I'll pick up a used one of Craigslist just because.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Have note 10+ and oh man I don't think I can live without ultra wide angle camera. I am a definite pass on pixel 4. Maybe few months from now, I'll pick up a used one of Craigslist just because.
I have a Moment wide angle lens but that's an inconvenience that most people won't tolerate. I still use my Moment Anamorphic lens though for video.... Anamorphic is just a fancy word for a cinematic lens.

Mr Segundus

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site
I know this is a personal preference but the previews all seem like robot responses to what I guess is the new "hotness"?

I'm always trying to get closer to my subject and not including extra things that take away from the shot I want.

Sorry a little rant. I'm much more pleased with telephoto rather than wide angle.

All new phones can do both now. I prefer wide angle over telephoto. I find no use for telephoto.

duratime

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
I have had a Note 10 for almost two months now and had no opinion of the camera good nor bad when compared to my Pixel 3XL, so that fact that it had 3 lenses was really a non-factor up until today when I got a call this morning that one of my work trucks caught on fire and it was the wide angle that allowed me to capture the whole scene. It would have been nice for Google to include it.

KrisYYC

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
I'm thinking of getting a moment case with their wide angle lens attachment for the Pixel 4. Not ideal but would be good for trips.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I'm thinking of getting a moment case with their wide angle lens attachment for the Pixel 4. Not ideal but would be good for trips.
It's great for trips and special projects. It's actually a pretty good lens and I don't notice any loss of light or clarity. Be warned that it adds some weight to the device in a lopsided sort of way. The case itself is actually quite nice. I like the one with the wood trim, but they also make some now with a credit card sleeve if that rocks your boat. Check prices though before you order because sometimes the bundles.... Case and lens are cheaper. Check the main site and Google.

KrisYYC

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
It's great for trips and special projects. It's actually a pretty good lens and I don't notice any loss of light or clarity. Be warned that it adds some weight to the device in a lopsided sort of way. The case itself is actually quite nice. I like the one with the wood trim, but they also make some now with a credit card sleeve if that rocks your boat. Check prices though before you order because sometimes the bundles.... Case and lens are cheaper. Check the main site and Google.

Cool thanks. Looks like they have a 20% off promo for the Pixel 4 case pre-orders. Might wait though as maybe it'll be a better deal to get a bundle with a lens after it's been out for a bit.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Cool thanks. Looks like they have a 20% off promo for the Pixel 4 case pre-orders. Might wait though as maybe it'll be a better deal to get a bundle with a lens after it's been out for a bit.
At the time I got it from Google bundled the cheapest for the 3XL

mwboost

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Google said they thought Tele was more important than wide.... There's a large majority of people that want/like wide angle. It seems Google does what they want and not worry about the consumers input that are buying their products lol. Me I'm not too fussed.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Google said they thought Tele was more important than wide.... There's a large majority of people that want/like wide angle. It seems Google does what they want and not worry about the consumers input that are buying their products lol. Me I'm not too fussed.
Maybe that's what their focus groups and surveys came away with and not representative of what you see here and other forums.