LG V40, what would you want to see?

Itsa_Me_Mario

¯\_(o_o)_/¯
Feb 19, 2018
Visit site
Well, let's see. So far, Apple buys OLED screens from Samsung. Also, I wouldn't trust the numbers in that article. It says:

45,000 units for $2.7 billion is $60,000 per panel. I know the iPhone 10 is expensive but I doubt even the most ardent Apple fanboy is going to pay that kind of money for a phone.

That's a 45,000 per month allocation in the source article.

anony_mouse

Banned
Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
That's a 45,000 per month allocation in the source article.

Aha, the original article says:

With the latest funding, LG Display's OLED production will reach 45,000 units of the sixth-generation OLED panel monthly. Of the total, Apple orders are likely to make up at least 30,000 units, sources said.

Can I ask, do you see anything odd about those numbers? Because they are obviously wrong, and wrong by a MASSIVE amount.

mobilelifevn

Aug 18, 2018
Visit site
Yeah they said that and then released the V30S ThinQ right before the G7 announcement and have a rumored V35 going exclusively to ATT. Even LG doesn't know what their plan is.

mobilelifevn

Aug 18, 2018
Visit site
For the LG V40 what I want to see is the following:

Keep wireless charging, keep headphone port, upgrade the USB Type C port to support USB 3.1 and USB Power Delivery; doing so with QuickCharge 4.0 is fine.
Keep the quad DAC, it's not broke, don't fix it.
SIGNIFICANTLY improve the camera in auto-mode. Keep manual controls.
Upgrade the V30's display, do not switch back to LCD, Google and Apple are spending billions to improve your LED tech - so take advantage of it.