Google gives up on US carriers - RCS Update Live in Play Store/Rolling Out

cribble2k

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
Re: Google gives up on US carriers, will roll out its own RCS chat system

Apple won't allow this to be successful....

iFortWorth

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Unless I'm missing something, this will generally, at this time on people using Google Messages, is that correct? As far as true rcs to rcs. So, if that's the case, one will have a hard time fully utilizing it. Hopefully, Google will release an API so that third-party messaging apps can incorporate it.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
I got mine this way... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RL3c4WkWfxY

So I really don't know if I've gotten any update or not. To be honest after reading the OP's attached article and my experience so far with Google Messages, I'm not even sure if it's worth it. No encryption, no scheduled messaging, no driving mode, you only get the full/most of the benefits if both parties have it and... well and did I miss anything, you tell me?

Everyone, even some Android users, talk about how great iMessages is. Ok so that's not everybody, but most of those apposed throw out WhatsApp which sucks in its own right. It ONLY works if both parties have it, and there's no outside of the app contact at all. In my own personal opinion the only way anything like this is going to catch on, take-off, last or even make a dent in iMessages' armor is if devices start shipping with it, and of course they fix some of the major flaws. I mean encryption at the very least, it's so basic.

ricflairwoo2

Oct 24, 2019
Visit site
I got mine this way... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RL3c4WkWfxY

So I really don't know if I've gotten any update or not. To be honest after reading the OP's attached article and my experience so far with Google Messages, I'm not even sure if it's worth it. No encryption, no scheduled messaging, no driving mode, you only get the full/most of the benefits if both parties have it and... well and did I miss anything, you tell me?

Everyone, even some Android users, talk about how great iMessages is. Ok so that's not everybody, but most of those apposed throw out WhatsApp which sucks in its own right. It ONLY works if both parties have it, and there's no outside of the app contact at all. In my own personal opinion the only way anything like this is going to catch on, take-off, last or even make a dent in iMessages' armor is if devices start shipping with it, and of course they fix some of the major flaws. I mean encryption at the very least, it's so basic.

You wrote a few paragraphs about nothing at all. Chill out...

ricflairwoo2

Oct 24, 2019
Visit site
Yeah, a little harsh there. Seems like a concise summary of the issues with RCS with a little commentary added. Nothing to get annoyed about.

If you can determine annoyance from a post over the internet, you're a genius. You know what they say about assuming right?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
It's not only about read receipts or watching hand writing of the other person, you get better send and receive picture /video quality and works over wifi . At this point no RCS from carriers or Google offer end to end encryption.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
It's not only about read receipts or watching hand writing of the other person, you get better send and receive picture /video quality and works over wifi . At this point no RCS from carriers or Google offer end to end encryption.

Yeah in another thread where the OP was seeking input to help them weigh Android vs. iOS many of the comments centered around iMessage and how well it does pictures and video sharing. (I think you popped in that one too.) This of course lead into talk about WhatsApp and how Google needed to step up its game in this area. Because of Google's inability, lack of initiative or whatever was stopping them from trying to compete on this front and carriers doing the same, I and I think many others had all but given up trying to share via any type of messaging. I was sharing links for pictures and videos via Google Photos or Google Drive. Never had any issues and it wasn't complicated, it was what I became accustom to. So being able to share from a messaging app doesn't feel like that much of a big deal to me. Maybe once I get used to doing it that way. First though this will have to become enough of a standard, either with Google Messages or some other service, that enough people adopt it to make it viable. Then we all start feeling the same way iMessages folks do. Hahaha

Go Yank's!

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Yeah in another thread where the OP was seeking input to help them weigh Android vs. iOS many of the comments centered around iMessage and how well it does pictures and video sharing. (I think you popped in that one too.) This of course lead into talk about WhatsApp and how Google needed to step up its game in this area. Because of Google's inability, lack of initiative or whatever was stopping them from trying to compete on this front and carriers doing the same, I and I think many others had all but given up trying to share via any type of messaging. I was sharing links for pictures and videos via Google Photos or Google Drive. Never had any issues and it wasn't complicated, it was what I became accustom to. So being able to share from a messaging app doesn't feel like that much of a big deal to me. Maybe once I get used to doing it that way. First though this will have to become enough of a standard, either with Google Messages or some other service, that enough people adopt it to make it viable. Then we all start feeling the same way iMessages folks do. Hahaha

Go Yank's!
We see next year what they do lol (the Yanks)
I understand what you mean for RCS .

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member