Google gives up on US carriers - RCS Update Live in Play Store/Rolling Out

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
pixel 4 xl on Verizon using the Google messages app. still tells me my carrier doesn't support RCS. any ideas?

What method are you using to try and get it? I realize the article says the update is out or coming but I found this video through an article that came out a week or so before this one. Nothing about it referenced a carrier and following the directions was really easy to do if you wanted to try it.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...=RL3c4WkWfxY&usg=AOvVaw3Jwz8ZcKVUb5X4XvoYydxM

It worked for me...

frederickdawg

Oct 1, 2018
Visit site
Funny I got the attached a few hours ago, but then when I just now went into to the app to enable it, it says chat features unavailable for my device. T-Mobile USA. Screenshot_20191117_231848.jpg

lacough

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
What method are you using to try and get it? I realize the article says the update is out or coming but I found this video through an article that came out a week or so before this one. Nothing about it referenced a carrier and following the directions was really easy to do if you wanted to try it.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...=RL3c4WkWfxY&usg=AOvVaw3Jwz8ZcKVUb5X4XvoYydxM

It worked for me...

By doing this, wont I lose all of my current text threads? I would rather not lose my current conversations.
Please advise
thanks!

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
By doing this, wont I lose all of my current text threads? I would rather not lose my current conversations.
Please advise
thanks!
I didn't lose anything. The texts aren't stored in the third party apps, they're stored in the native app. Install any app and they all migrate. Uninstall that app and they all remain in the native app just like nothing ever happened.

I still have all my messages from forever ago.

edv713

Jan 30, 2017
Visit site
my RCS is still buggy. I have it on me and my wife's phone and they both say connected. the issue is, it seems to be defaulting to text message in the mornings when she is at work. I thought maybe it was a specific tower shes connected to that's causing this because when we are at home it seems to work fine. I know these are first world problems but does anybody have any issues like this?

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
...when we are at home it seems to work fine.

I thought another feature of RCS is it works over WiFi, so I'm wondering if it works at home because you're both on the same WiFi... or may just because you're both on WiFi? That would be the test I guess, try it when you're out someplace not on WiFi and maybe again when you're not on the same WiFi. I'd be curious to know the results.

KrisYYC

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
Unless I'm missing something, this will generally, at this time on people using Google Messages, is that correct? As far as true rcs to rcs. So, if that's the case, one will have a hard time fully utilizing it. Hopefully, Google will release an API so that third-party messaging apps can incorporate it.

I have RCS capabilites between myself (Pixel 4, Google messages) and my brother (Huawei P30 Pro, stock Huawei messaging app). We are on the same carrier (Rogers). So at least some of the third party apps have RCS capabilities.

Mathrania

Jul 3, 2017
Visit site
Does that mean I have RCS? Not sure what's the added advantage over Text but it has been active since day 1 in CanadaScreenshot_20191203-155222.jpeg

tlc264

Banned
Oct 20, 2019
Visit site
I have it on all of my phones on Verizon using google messages. It works with my sister that has a note 9 on Sprint using the samsung messaging app. I set my phones up using the hack.

rickms80

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
How. I bought mine from google as well and under chat features it says my carrier does not support it. I'm on AT&T also.

I'm not sure. I got my phone in yesterday and updated to November. Today I factory reset it. I let my new phones update to the current version then do a little test drive before moving in. I started messages after setup and updates and it set up RCS.

areyes1631

Nov 2, 2019
Visit site
I'm not sure. I got my phone in yesterday and updated to November. Today I factory reset it. I let my new phones update to the current version then do a little test drive before moving in. I started messages after setup and updates and it set up RCS.
Interesting. Maybe after the December update it will work.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non