December update

fwn

Oct 29, 2018
Visit site
I just chatted with Google support and they tell me that the patch will be distributed on December 5th. Thought you might like to know

tuscanybay

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
It baffles me to see older Pixels got the update before the newest one, and even Samsung Note 10, 9 and S10 got the update already.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
It baffles me to see older Pixels got the update before the newest one, and even Samsung Note 10, 9 and S10 got the update already.
Nothing new there, can happen once in a while on certain month. The beauty of Pixel is guaranteed monthly security updates and first to get android platform updates. Unlike other phones which may or may not get monthly security updates, depends on country, carrier and million different conditions. And forget about fast platform updates.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

How so?

These Pixel updates aren’t just Security Patch Level updates, especially in the first few months.

There are Features and Bug Fixes as well.

My guess is that whatever else is in the update just needs more time.

kolyan2k

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
How so?

These Pixel updates aren’t just Security Patch Level updates, especially in the first few months.

There are Features and Bug Fixes as well.

My guess is that whatever else is in the update just needs more time.

Yeah features and bug fixes Samsung is also ahead. They actually updated FPS security flaw in 24 hours. Google still cant manage to fix face unlock so it stops working with eyes closed.

jamezr

Trusted Member
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Why is i that my direct from Samsung Note 10+ has the December Security update but my direct from Google Pixel 4XL does not?