Thinking about pulling the trigger on a 4XL

cert15z

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
Nope, I am not doing it. My pixel 3 XL still running perfectly and for me, it's not worth wasting $600. I'll look at pixel 5 when it comes out.

By the way, there is no free full resolution backup on pixel 4s. If that is something you care about.

Good luck with your decision. Not saying it is not a good phone, I am just very satisfied with my Pixel 3 XL is all.

I use Amazon Photos for free full resolution backups.

cert15z

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
$600 for 64GB.

I think that was a great buy. I switched back to the Pixel 4 XL after selling my S20 Ultra. I really like the camera, Google's version of Android, the overall look and feel of the phone. But due to Covid19, I will be putting my Pixel down for awhile. I am a deputy sheriff, so I can't use face unlock while wearing a mask. We have a limited supply of masks and don't want to touch it unnecessarily, so I will be switching to a device with a fingerprint sensor.

Theot

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I think that was a great buy. I switched back to the Pixel 4 XL after selling my S20 Ultra. I really like the camera, Google's version of Android, the overall look and feel of the phone. But due to Covid19, I will be putting my Pixel down for awhile. I am a deputy sheriff, so I can't use face unlock while wearing a mask. We have a limited supply of masks and don't want to touch it unnecessarily, so I will be switching to a device with a fingerprint sensor.
Thanks, really looking forward to it.

Man that kind of sucks. Nothing you can tie it to for smart Lock while working?

Theot

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Now how long till your next phone?

I made it like 10 months with the pixel 3

I think the plan going forward will be grabbing the next pixel when they go on sale in the spring. But honestly this gave me some heartburn, I don't really need it.

SwitchBoardDj

Aug 21, 2019
Visit site
I was contemplating getting a Pixel 4 XL for the past month now. I originally bought one at release, but returned it because I felt the price was just a little too high.

However, I been waiting for them to go on sale for the right price and this week I got lucky, I guess. Been following Best Buy sales for a while and was able to snag one for $499.99.

If the new upgrades on the Pixel 4 XL that has been implemented since release is good, then I’ll return my iPhone 11 Pro that I just upgraded to.

vhl71

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
I was contemplating getting a Pixel 4 XL for the past month now. I originally bought one at release, but returned it because I felt the price was just a little too high.

However, I been waiting for them to go on sale for the right price and this week I got lucky, I guess. Been following Best Buy sales for a while and was able to snag one for $499.99.

If the new upgrades on the Pixel 4 XL that has been implemented since release is good, then I’ll return my iPhone 11 Pro that I just upgraded to.
Its kinda what I did. Sold my 11 pro for $800 and bought a bread new 4 XL for $400!!

So far I don't miss anything from iPhone. Hopefully this feeling lasts.

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
The reviews were totally exaggerated. The Pixel 4XL is a nice upgrade even from a 3. It has a awesome screen. Battery life is pretty good and the features are great. My husband upgraded from a 2XL and loves the phone. The speed is excellent too.

cert15z

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
Thanks, really looking forward to it.

Man that kind of sucks. Nothing you can tie it to for smart Lock while working?

I do use Smart Lock with with watch, but sometimes leave my phone in the car depending on the call l am going out on.

Theot

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Got my 4XL yesterday, so far really enjoying it. Still getting used to the size and setting stuff up but it feels good in hand.

Theot

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Yeah looks like it was a rough start do to YouTubers but seems device turned out just fine
Yep, and in their defense they have to be critical and nit-pick because these devices have gotten so good. I still think there's good information but you have to balance it with real world information too.

I think this officially makes me a Pixel guy. Three in a row now with a small detour with OnePlus (which I also mostly like) but the pixel camera is what puts it over the top.

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site
I almost bought the 4xl this week until I saw screen brightness maxes at 444 nits. That to me, is insane. Everything else I could forgive, but that's a deal breaker.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress