Phone unlocked by itself?

Dismaster

Jun 19, 2011
Visit site
I bought my phone two years ago through T-Mobile and today I got a system notification that my phone is no longer locked. I have never owned a phone so long and I am wondering if this is normal? I bought the phone on the 24 month payment plan and maybe it unlocked because it is paid off?

joeldf

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
That's something AT&T doesn't do. Even when it's paid off you still have to request an unlock code to unlock it yourself.

Even then, from the many posts I see on AT&T's support forum, half the time, they either send the wrong number, or there is no number at all even when the email says "here it is".

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
That's something AT&T doesn't do. Even when it's paid off you still have to request an unlock code to unlock it yourself.

Even then, from the many posts I see on AT&T's support forum, half the time, they either send the wrong number, or there is no number at all even when the email says "here it is".
Yeah same experience with ATT
It should happen automatically when paid off but most times not .

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Why didn't you send the unlock code in my email iv been waiting

Welcome to Android Central! Be aware that this is an independent community forum, without any direct affiliation with Google or any other company.

Which carrier are you trying to contact?