Anyone going bareback?

elvee68

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
see that's the one thing I don't do on my phones and haven't done for years. I don't put a screen protector on my phone I don't feel the need for it. but it just makes me so nervous to go without a case but it looks so much better hahaha it's a double-led sword.
See I am more paranoid about my screen than a case. I absolutely need a screen protector. I first put a Lifeproof Wake case on while waiting on the Dbrand Grip, but the Lifeproof is straight up trash in my opinion so I have this Spigen Liquid Air and it's really awesome!

That said when not working I take the case off.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
See I am more paranoid about my screen than a case. I absolutely need a screen protector. I first put a Lifeproof Wake case on while waiting on the Dbrand Grip, but the Lifeproof is straight up trash in my opinion so I have this Spigen Liquid Air and it's really awesome!

That said when not working I take the case off.
Haha yep yep I can hear you. I mean for me, I am not that nervous about it. I think a thin case will just do it for me. I know what you mean though.

Zevilbofh

Nov 6, 2020
Visit site
Dropped it the first day I had smashed the screen, I dropped my old pixel 3 many times no issues, don't think the 5 is built too well.

MyWpgExperience

Nov 6, 2020
Visit site
I am using a glass screen protector and also a case. It took a couple of days to get the case after my Pixel 5 was delivered and it slipped out or my hands a few times prior to putting it into the case. Luckily no breaks. I chose to to with a clear case with a black bumper to show off the sage green!

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I am using a glass screen protector and also a case. It took a couple of days to get the case after my Pixel 5 was delivered and it slipped out or my hands a few times prior to putting it into the case. Luckily no breaks. I chose to to with a clear case with a black bumper to show off the sage green!
Yeah, that's similar to how I'm going to do it.

MFLMiami

Jun 25, 2020
Visit site
I carry my phone in my pocket and don't like to feel it... The iphone 4s was great pocket size and grippy on its own. Then the Pixels - Bigger and Better - And way too slippery without a case and even with a thin case a much larger phone... I was hoping the 5 would be grippy - Now I've had my 5 for a week, no case and no problems. Much more pocketable than the 3 with a case. I've dropped phones over the years but never significant damage, case or no case. Svelte Pocketability beats Case Protection for me. I hope Google gives the 6 a little more traction for those of us who prefer a svelte, pocketable phone.

mike r smith

Jul 17, 2020
Visit site
I've got the Google Pixel case, it's been protecting it through the drops its had so far. I'm not that happy with the fabric nature of the case, from a cleaning POV. Ordered a silicon skin for it.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I've got the Google Pixel case, it's been protecting it through the drops its had so far. I'm not that happy with the fabric nature of the case, from a cleaning POV. Ordered a silicon skin for it.
Yeah, I mean unfortunately, that's what I've heard about the Pixel fabric cases. They all look awesomely great, what from a purely cleaning POV, they're not soo great, unfortunately...

vhl71

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
Thinking of going without a case. But worried about the sage color back getting dirty. It's not glass. So will it get dirty??

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
So far, I've been going naked on my phone. I mean my wife did buy me a clear thin case but the phone just feels so damn good in the hands and it's light and it's been overall I can't resist the nakedness. The bio resin material on the back is pretty durable. So for now, I'm not too too worried about it.

vhl71

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
So far, I've been going naked on my phone. I mean my wife did buy me a clear thin case but the phone just feels so damn good in the hands and it's light and it's been overall I can't resist the nakedness. The bio resin material on the back is pretty durable. So for now, I'm not too too worried about it.
Same here. Going naked so far. Ordered a nice looking case, not that this phone needs one. That case was really cool - So I ordered it. Has t recieved it yet.

Daveya

Nov 19, 2020
Visit site
No screen protector and no case

Hate both of them, I'd rather rub the risk of damage and use the phone getting value for all their R+D

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
I like big cases and I cannot lie...... you other brothers can't deny.....when a phone shows up with an itty-bitty frame and a big screen in my face I get sprung

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I ordered a clear case to house my Sage Pixel 5 that hasn't arrived yet (but the case has! LOOL), because I wanted to see the back of the phone but also have it somewhat protected.

Last edited: