December update now available. And tons of feature drops especially for older devices.

nathdogg1985

Dec 20, 2015
Visit site
No update available there
It seems to be a staggered rollout. It wasn't available for me either, so I just downloaded the APK from a well known APK site.

Once I did that the adaptive charging option was available.

I have to say I'm not very impressed with it though. I plugged my phone in at around 22:00 and set an alarm for 07:30. The adaptive charging toggle was on and the message on the lock screen said "Adaptive Charging (charged by 07:30). The phone was fully charged when I checked at 03:30, at that point I just disconnected the cable. So for me it was no help at all.

Daveya

Nov 19, 2020
Visit site
It seems to be a staggered rollout. It wasn't available for me either, so I just downloaded the APK from a well known APK site.

Once I did that the adaptive charging option was available.

I have to say I'm not very impressed with it though. I plugged my phone in at around 22:00 and set an alarm for 07:30. The adaptive charging toggle was on and the message on the lock screen said "Adaptive Charging (charged by 07:30). The phone was fully charged when I checked at 03:30, at that point I just disconnected the cable. So for me it was no help at all.
Well that was easy enough, Googled , found it, installed it, now got it, cheers

dmxjago

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
I don't see adaptive charging on my Pixel 5
Same i don't see it yet. I even uninstalled the latest update for device health and re-updated as well as restarting my device and still nothing. I know someone earlier me ruined they had to install and apk, but I prefer to wait. I think we might just have to wait before it pushes to our pixel 5's is my guess.

Daveya

Nov 19, 2020
Visit site
Same i don't see it yet. I even uninstalled the latest update for device health and re-updated as well as restarting my device and still nothing. I know someone earlier me ruined they had to install and apk, but I prefer to wait. I think we might just have to wait before it pushes to our pixel 5's is my guess.
I installed the APK, simple Google and downloaded

idiotekniques

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
Last night I put my alarm on for 10am and plugged in at 1:30AM, and it charged fast as normal, there was no special language about it being charged by a certain time. Weird. Adaptive charging was definitely set to on.

nathdogg1985

Dec 20, 2015
Visit site
Last night I put my alarm on for 10am and plugged in at 1:30AM, and it charged fast as normal, there was no special language about it being charged by a certain time. Weird. Adaptive charging was definitely set to on.
Yeah it seems broken at the moment.

I would say I'd try it again tonight, but it doesn't look like I'll be charging my phone tonight anyway. It's currently at 93% after about 14hrs off the charger (I've been home all day and literally only used it for a few things).

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Well , unfortunately, I have yet to download the update. I have been checking all morning long I haven't seen anything yet.

Scott337

Apr 22, 2017
Visit site
Well , unfortunately, I have yet to download the update. I have been checking all morning long I haven't seen anything yet.
No use checking until the 14th. It's been posted a few times, the Verizon Pixel 5 update is delayed like last month. Verizon must be tweaking some more 5G stuff specific to the Pixel 5 and 4a5G.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
No use checking until the 14th. It's been posted a few times, the Verizon Pixel 5 update is delayed like last month. Verizon must be tweaking some more 5G stuff specific to the Pixel 5 and 4a5G.
Mhmm gotcha thanks for telling me that. Cuz I would have driven myself nuts lol Verizon's got to be tweaking something for the update otherwise they wouldn't delay at that far out!

Scott337

Apr 22, 2017
Visit site
Just the Google Update page that says it will be available today for Pixel 5, 4a5G and 3XL on the Verizon network.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress