Anybody go from iPhone 12 to pixel 5

farocco

Dec 27, 2016
Visit site
I returned my pixel and purchased an iPhone 12, I hate the notifications and lack of customization. Thinking of returning, any one leave Apple?

Was concerned about privacy, but now I think I have been watching too many videos on it

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
We have a lot of users here who switch from Apple to Google; and vice versa. I too dislike Apple notifications. I like how Google/Pixel handles them. Are you planning to go back to the 5? I'm sure there will be users on here in your specific situation. Good luck, and let us know what you decide!

By "privacy", are you referring to Google's or Apple's? I feel like with any phone, there will be "listening" of some sort going on!

farocco

Dec 27, 2016
Visit site
Yes pixel 5, although Samsung has really nice looking phones, I prefer less bloat ware and monthly updates.

anthonium

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Yes pixel 5, although Samsung has really nice looking phones, I prefer less bloat ware and monthly updates.

Personally I stay away from Samsung phones. They are built well but I can't get over the bloat and duplication of apps that do the same thing. I understand some users just install a third party launcher and hide the duplicate apps but I just don't care much for Samsung phones in general after trying a few.

As for iPhones, I've had the experience of switching between iOS and Android many times and though the latest version of iOS is great, I always come back to Android specifically because of the experience on Pixel phones. Were it not for the Pixel I'd probably use an iPhone and just install all the Google applications I use. What I do love about iPhones is how reliable they are as far as stability and fluidity of iOS as well as the craftsmanship of the hardware. I've had my share of runins with Pixel devices with bootloops and random restarts...Fortunately I haven't experienced this on my 4A (which I actually prefer over the 5).

farocco

Dec 27, 2016
Visit site
I'm enjoying it much more than the iPhone, nothing wrong with the iPhone, but customization is better for me on pixel. I have yo window weather app and use their realtime weather as wallpaper. battery is fantastic, I use ynab app and it runs better on pixel in my opinion. notifications for me are better on the pixel.

Joshua Luther2

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
I’m currently on an iPhone 12 Pro. I’ve had it since launch day. While there are things I love about it more, I’m learning more and more that trying to use Google apps on iOS is not as good as on Android. Sure the apps look great but things like backing up to Google photos requires you to open the app and have it running in the foreground otherwise it pauses the upload.

I was previously on the pixel 4xl. Battery life is a little bit better on the 12 pro. But not by much. I’m sure it is on the Pixel 5.

iMessage is cool but I don’t fully take advantage of it right now because of Covid. I still also tend to get left out of group chats. I have benefited from FaceTime a little bit but there are other apps that do the same thing.

The iPhone as a whole has been a smoother more consistent performer than any android phone I’ve owned in the past. But I still miss Android. I miss the app drawer and Android widgets and having a minimal looking Home Screen.

I suppose there will never be a phone that does everything perfectly. I know it’s only been 4 months with this phone, but I will never be an Apple fanboy. Even if I’m stuck using this for the next year.