Discover won't refresh and account issue

ChuckG73

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
Have done multiple factory resets, uninstalled google updates, dropped out of the beta version. Called and submitted a ticket with google.

Anyone have a clue how to fix this

Attachments

• 26.jpg
    26.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 38

dmxjago

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
Had that issue before and nothing helped me resolved the issue but after waiting a few days it just started to work again by itself. Good luck figuring this out, it's a very frustrating issue to have.

Scott337

Apr 22, 2017
Visit site
We have a couple of threads in here for this. The resolution (from what I can remember) is waiting for everything to sync again. Maybe we can find the other threads and merger with this one ?

ChuckG73

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
Well plot thickens....pulled out my old Pixel 1 and booted it up and it has the same issue. not the phone

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
This happened briefly right after the March update finished on my 3 XL, but after I cleared the Google app cache and force stopped it, it worked again.

Scott337

Apr 22, 2017
Visit site
I'm not sure which forum I posted it on, but will try to find my posts for what I did to resolve the issue.

KeepItReal

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I am having the same issue on my Pixel 2XL. But it's only with my account. If I switch to another account I have on the phone, Discover works and I can browse the news feeds. My Google account does the same thing on my tablet. On the tablet, the other Google Account allows the viewing of the News Feed. I have cleared the Google cache, force stop, etc. Even Google Play Services. I have removed the account, and reinstalled the account. I just set up the tablet from scratch as it was a recent warranty replacement.

Since playing around sliding back and forth between Discover and my home screens, it has also caused my phone to crash and reboot several times.

KeepItReal

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Possession may be the only answer. There was a recent Google update, and that appears to be the beginning. My 'OK Google' has also stopped working. So today I went into the settings, and turned it on. Then I tried the Google Discovery news, and shockingly it was working. This very morning, it was not. I don't know if that was the culprit or not. Now my poor Pixel 2XL's battery life is suffering; I've absolutely loved this phone. Will the 4a be as good, or should I go for the 5 or wait for the 6? Android needs to get to be like Apple and have much longer operating system updates.

Smokeaire01

Jul 3, 2015
Visit site
Possession may be the only answer. There was a recent Google update, and that appears to be the beginning. My 'OK Google' has also stopped working. So today I went into the settings, and turned it on. Then I tried the Google Discovery news, and shockingly it was working. This very morning, it was not. I don't know if that was the culprit or not. Now my poor Pixel 2XL's battery life is suffering; I've absolutely loved this phone. Will the 4a be as good, or should I go for the 5 or wait for the 6? Android needs to get to be like Apple and have much longer operating system updates.
Uninstall the update. My Google Assistant stopped working (another thread). Mustang7757 suggested I uninstall the update and that fixed Assistant.

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site

For these kinds of problems patience is usually the key.... they're almost always on Google's end and get fixed eventually. I've had them on multiple phones including my pixel and they've always straightened themselves out. I don't even worry about it anymore lol. In a perfect world things would always just work... but as we know this world is far from perfect ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress