Pixel 5 Sold Out??

sunburned

May 1, 2012
Visit site
I've been hanging on to my 3 since it's been working fine, waiting for the 6 to upgrade. Now I see the spec reveal and they won't be making a Pixel 5 sized phone this time. Such a lame move to make two huge phones instead of keeping the only small form Android phone on the market.

Due to this, time to grab a Pixel 5 to keep the small form factor for a few more years. But now they all seem to be sold out! Anyone know where to pick one up? I have Google Fi (US) and it's not even an option on their shop website. Not on the Google Store and sold out at Best Buy. Help me out please!

sunburned

May 1, 2012
Visit site
Pixel 5a is bigger, which I do not want. At that rate, I might as well get a 6. I want small. Not getting a 4a either, not giving up wireless charging and water resistance.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Oh, no! I hope you find one soon! I totally understand what you are saying. I wanted the 5 because I didn't want to wait and because I was worried that the 6 line wouldn't have a smaller form factor.

I, too, don't understand why Google would make two large phones (or, one large and one larger) instead of a smaller form factor device and a larger device.

sunburned

May 1, 2012
Visit site
Welp, checked the Google store this morning and the black 5 was available, so I grabbed one. Kinda sucks to get "old tech" for a new phone, but I really don't want a giant phone. The Pixel 3 barely fits in my cycling phone pouch and some other accessories, so the 5 is a perfect upgrade since the size is nearly identical.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Welp, checked the Google store this morning and the black 5 was available, so I grabbed one. Kinda sucks to get "old tech" for a new phone, but I really don't want a giant phone. The Pixel 3 barely fits in my cycling phone pouch and some other accessories, so the 5 is a perfect upgrade since the size is nearly identical.
I'm so glad you were able to get your hands on a Pixel 5! It may be older tech in a way, but it certainly doesn't feel like it! Let us know when you get it and how you are liking it!

anon(40376)

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
I like the sage color too. And out of curiosity, I just checked and sage (as well as black) show as available for sale. Took a sage to the last step of purchasing before backing out. I still like my 4XL and will sit back over the next year and see what happens with the 6 and see what Samsung has coming out before I get my next phone.

Amazon appears to have black available; B&H has zero.

Besides, I just ordered a red skin for the 4XL, and when 12 is released, I'll put it on the phone and bingo; I have a new phone that does all it has to do for me. And that is connect to Verizon towers (or should I say tower where I live), occasionally to the internet, and some of the wildlife around the house and dog pictures.
JPVEDpB.gif

ras47

Mar 21, 2021
Visit site
The Sorta Sage model goes in and out of stock often. And the only Google Pixel 5 case available for a while has been the gray. I really want the green case but I'll use the gray one for now.

BTSyndrome

Aug 1, 2015
Visit site
When I grabbed my 5 only the black was in stock and I was worried it was my last chance for a 5.... would have rather had the Sage. But that's only because BestBuy screwed up and sent my pre-order Pixel Buds in Olive instead of white. After having the olive for a while now I wish the Sage was available when I ordered my phone.

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
I did not know this! Crazy! I wonder what will happen for those of us (like me!) who bought Google Preferred Care for our 5's.

Probably get a refurbished just like any other insurance plan until no longer available and then offered the next model.

What do people think happens to all the phones returned in the 14 day return period? Or the phones collected via trade ins? They don't get thrown away and they cannot be sold as new again so they become replacement phones.

ras47

Mar 21, 2021
Visit site
When I grabbed my 5 only the black was in stock and I was worried it was my last chance for a 5.... would have rather had the Sage. But that's only because BestBuy screwed up and sent my pre-order Pixel Buds in Olive instead of white. After having the olive for a while now I wish the Sage was available when I ordered my phone.

I too wanted Sorta Sage but alas, none to be found. Not such a huge deal for me though as I always have my mobiles in cases. So I got black.

My Pixel 5 lasted less than 12 hours though before it got the dreaded pink vertical line down the left side of the screen. Warranty exchange initiated, but Google's webpage to order a new one is down. Support says, "give it a week and try again." WHAT??? I guess its a good thing I still have my iPhone.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Probably get a refurbished just like any other insurance plan until no longer available and then offered the next model.

What do people think happens to all the phones returned in the 14 day return period? Or the phones collected via trade ins? They don't get thrown away and they cannot be sold as new again so they become replacement phones.
Eh, I guess there is that. I wondered if that was the case. Oh well, I usually take pretty good care of my phones, but it's still a bummer that the 5 is discontinued.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress