WiFi calling

jimmynexus

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
Hi all,

My 6 pro seems to have a problem where when coming back into an area with WiFi, the WiFi calling doesn't seem to turn on. I have to switch flight mode on and off to prompt it, or switch WiFi calling toggle on and off. I have it set to WiFi preferred instead of mobile data.

Does anyone have this problem? Or a way to resolve it,

Smokeaire01

Jul 3, 2015
Visit site
Hi all,

My 6 pro seems to have a problem where when coming back into an area with WiFi, the WiFi calling doesn't seem to turn on. I have to switch flight mode on and off to prompt it, or switch WiFi calling toggle on and off. I have it set to WiFi preferred instead of mobile data.

Do you have "Turn on Wifi Automatically" turned on? See screen shot.
fa7685252a479cedc28c602d21ac9da0.jpg

LabRat

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Hi all,

I am seeing the same issue on Verizon. Hopefully the Nov update will fix it.

dmxjago

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
I have Google Fi and use wifi calling almost exclusively. I work from home and it works great. Certainly saves on data usage.
Fyi my understanding is when making phone calls while not connected to wifi does NOT use data so you aren't using data when using your phone to make/receive calls.

dmxjago

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
Fyi my understanding is when making phone calls while not connected to wifi does NOT use data so you aren't using data when using your phone to make/receive calls.
And to add to my statement above jf your using apps to make calls like Google duo, Skype, Google meet etc those do count towards your data I was referring to normal carrier voice calls.

Smokeaire01

Jul 3, 2015
Visit site
I was referring to being able to be connected to my wifi all day long because I do work from home. I know calls don't use data.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty