01-23-2022 07:50 PM
33 12
tools
    Have an unlocked P6P on AT&T and when I first got it at launch there were call screening settings from the phone app but now they're gone. Possibly since the latest January update. Anyone else notice this?
    01-22-2022 01:31 AM
    Looks like I found my answer. I guess they didn't really fix it in the January update.
    01-22-2022 01:34 AM
    I have it on VZ
    Attached Thumbnails Where's Call Screening Settings?-screenshot_20220122-024728.jpg   Where's Call Screening Settings?-screenshot_20220122-024702.jpg  
    ccLuv2Cruz and strikeIII like this.
    01-22-2022 01:49 AM
    It should be in the Phone app's settings, under Spam and Call Screen.
    ccLuv2Cruz and jhilker like this.
    01-22-2022 02:59 AM
    Came back for me with the Jan update.
    strikeIII likes this.
    01-22-2022 06:00 AM
    Same here. Came back on January update.. unlocked Google store phone on Verizon
    hub1 and strikeIII like this.
    01-22-2022 08:59 AM
    I've got it on AT&T (unlocked, Jan update)
    bkdodger2 and strikeIII like this.
    01-22-2022 09:00 AM
    Once in awhile, I'll get a call and notice the "screen call" button in missing. The feature will also be missing in phone settings, and I'll need to force stop the app to restore it.
    01-22-2022 09:00 AM
    Once in awhile, I'll get a call and notice the "screen call" button in missing. The feature will also be missing in phone settings, and I'll need to force stop the app to restore it.
    So, you've got this Call Screening bug and also your custom ring and notification sound files disappear? I'd return the phone for another one.
    01-22-2022 09:59 AM
    Thanks everyone for verifying. To fix it on my device I had to uninstall and reinstall the last Phone app update from the Play Store.
    Scott337 and Rodawg71 like this.
    01-22-2022 10:02 AM
    So, you've got this Call Screening bug and also your custom ring and notification sound files disappear? I'd return the phone for another one.
    I've experienced the call screening issue on other Pixels, and the disappearing sound files on other Android devices, including OnePlus and Samsung.
    01-22-2022 10:53 AM
    In the Call Screen settings, what kinds of numbers do you have set to be screened? I only have Possibly Faked Numbers set for screening, so it will depend on Google's own voodoo AI to figure out if a number is worth screening or not.
    01-22-2022 12:21 PM
    In the Call Screen settings, what kinds of numbers do you have set to be screened? I only have Possibly Faked Numbers set for screening, so it will depend on Google's own voodoo AI to figure out if a number is worth screening or not.
    Currently just spam. Anything else rings, and I'll manually screen as needed, provided the feature hasn't "disappeared." That doesn't happen often but obviously annoying when it does.
    01-22-2022 04:12 PM
    How do you set certain numbers to be screened? In my call screen settings, I can only change the voice (either a female or male) or see a demo of it. I can't seem to set any numbers or types of calls to screen.
    01-22-2022 05:55 PM
    How do you set certain numbers to be screened? In my call screen settings, I can only change the voice (either a female or male) or see a demo of it. I can't seem to set any numbers or types of calls to screen.
    In my settings, there are four categories Spam, Possibly faked numbers, First-time callers, and Private or hidden. Default is to screen the first two and ring the phone for the other two. But I can change any of those four to either screen or ring the phone.

Contacts always get passed through to ring.

Default google phone app. Settings/Spam and Call Screen/Call Screening
    01-22-2022 08:26 PM
    The categories are in the screenshot that Rodawg71 shared in post no. 7 above: Spam, Possibly Faked Numbers, First-Time Callers, and Private or Hidden. You don't see those choices?
    I Can Be Your Hero likes this.
    01-22-2022 10:31 PM
    The categories are in the screenshot that Rodawg71 shared in post no. 7 above: Spam, Possibly Faked Numbers, First-Time Callers, and Private or Hidden. You don't see those choices?
    No, mind doesn't have that. This is what I see in the Call Screen settings:

Where's Call Screening Settings?-screenshot_20220123-160336.jpg
    01-23-2022 12:05 AM
    No, mind doesn't have that. This is what I see in the Call Screen settings:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20220123-160336.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	86.1 KB 
ID:	340712
    Which carrier do you have? I wonder if it has to do with a specific carrier.
    01-23-2022 01:10 AM
    Which carrier do you have? I wonder if it has to do with a specific carrier.
    I'm on Vodafone in Australia.

Maybe the full feature set isn't rolled out here.
    01-23-2022 01:47 AM
    It's supposed to be available in Australia, but I wonder if Vodafone doesn't support it (kind of like how Verizon messes around with some phone features in favor of their own). Try contacting Vodafone support and see if they can tell you.
    01-23-2022 02:22 AM
    It's supposed to be available in Australia, but I wonder if Vodafone doesn't support it (kind of like how Verizon messes around with some phone features in favor of their own). Try contacting Vodafone support and see if they can tell you.
    Tried my wife's Telstra sim card (a different carrier in Australia), restarted the phone and still have the same settings. I think it might just not be fully rolled out in Australia.

Call screening still works, I can screen any call that comes through and it has the voice transcript etc. I just don't have access to those extra settings.
    01-23-2022 02:30 AM
    Tried my wife's Telstra sim card (a different carrier in Australia), restarted the phone and still have the same settings. I think it might just not be fully rolled out in Australia.

Call screening still works, I can screen any call that comes through and it has the voice transcript etc. I just don't have access to those extra settings.
    The phone is a separate app. When you are using the phone are you looking at the phone settings while actually using the phone app?

Click on the phone icon. Then click on the hamburger 3-dot menu. Then choose "Settings".
    01-23-2022 03:26 AM
    The phone is a separate app. When you are using the phone are you looking at the phone settings while actually using the phone app?

Click on the phone icon. Then click on the hamburger 3-dot menu. Then choose "Settings".
    Yeah that's what I'm doing in the phone app, pressing the three dot menu, settings, them call screen and all I have is the screenshot I posted above.
    01-23-2022 06:59 AM
    I have the same 2 options in the UK. I think the full feature set hasn't been rolled out worldwide as yet.
    I Can Be Your Hero likes this.
    01-23-2022 07:48 AM
    "It's live in Australia, on my Pixel 5, and my partner's Pixel 3a"

https://9to5google.com/2021/10/26/pi...een-countries/

01-23-2022 11:33 AM
33 12