Android 13 Beta 2

Smokeaire01

Jul 3, 2015
Visit site
Yup...brought up the results like it's supposed to
It does when the search key is pressed. Before pressing the magnifying glass key to search this is what I see. After.. the second screenshot.
e6a367efc61cf18e317c6b8cf0f67ebd.jpg
e9791129336bff8571160f560e45f47f.jpg

iLLusive One

Mar 1, 2022
Visit site
If this round safe enough to move a daily driving device to in folks opinions?

Always seem to hear people say 2nd / 3rd beta are usually not too bad. Obviously even stable version have huge issues for some. Kind of want to jump in, but not much overall feedback. Other then a few issues in this thread and last beta 1 thread.

Thank in advance!

Scott337

Apr 22, 2017
Visit site
If this round safe enough to move a daily driving device to in folks opinions?

Always seem to hear people say 2nd / 3rd beta are usually not too bad. Obviously even stable version have huge issues for some. Kind of want to jump in, but not much overall feedback. Other then a few issues in this thread and last beta 1 thread.

Thank in advance!
Curious to see the answers. I am debating jumping in now myself, the beta 2 release seems OK for a daily phone from what I have read on here

rvbfan

Jan 17, 2015
Visit site
I'm using this on my daily driver Pixel6. But I also have no qualms about using ADB to reinstall the last stable build.

Smokeaire01

Jul 3, 2015
Visit site
Curious to see the answers. I am debating jumping in now myself, the beta 2 release seems OK for a daily phone from what I have read on here
There are some phone calling issues that were on the Developer Preview Beta 2 that are in this build. Callers can sound like high pitched screeching robotic voice things, a delay in call connections. The slight connection issue I thought was fixed isn't. Other than that I think it works very well and I don't regret updating to this A23 Beta 2 from the A13DPB2.

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Working really smooth I think. No calling issues as I think that isn't the norm, but isolated to a small percentage.

bkeaver

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
There are some phone calling issues that were on the Developer Preview Beta 2 that are in this build. Callers can sound like high pitched screeching robotic voice things, a delay in call connections. The slight connection issue I thought was fixed isn't. Other than that I think it works very well and I don't regret updating to this A23 Beta 2 from the A13DPB2.
I have yet to experience the calling issue on 13 beta 1 or 2 like I did previously in preview. There is no high pitched screeching or robotic that I have experienced and have been actually using everyday for work as well since beta 1 was released.

dc52ltr

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
No probs here, working very smooth... Even Android Auto is fine. The only problem I had with the beta 13 was on 1st release and it concerned the disappearing icons. That's all sorted now. I'm so pleased with this release that I'm going to install it on my P 5...

Smokeaire01

Jul 3, 2015
Visit site
Working really smooth I think. No calling issues as I think that isn't the norm, but isolated to a small percentage.
There could be a lot of variables involved, carrier, wifi calling, Bluetooth earpiece connection, the person called carrier, and maybe other reasons.
To test I could switch to my Pixel 4a however it too is on A13B2.

Chillywill95

May 6, 2022
Visit site
is anyone able to say whether or not the battery drain issue got fixed in the second beta version of Android 13 because there was a bad battery drain issue on my Google pixel 6 pro when I tried to switch to Android 13 beta 1?

Smokeaire01

Jul 3, 2015
Visit site
Another welcome fix. Being able to use Google Assistant to make phone calls with the phone locked and to control Home accessories. This was a major complaint over at Reddit and with me, especially while driving using my Bluetooth earpiece. Android 13 Developer Preview Beta 2 had that bug.
My wife's Pixel 4a on 12 won't do that.

bkeaver

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Well I got jinxed today, after 2 days on this the phone call bug reared it's ugly head for me today. I shouldn't have commented earlier.

iLLusive One

Mar 1, 2022
Visit site
Thanks you all for the good feedback and obviously what is important to each person will vary. I see call issues and a device randomly locking up and restarting a big problem. Then add some folks having green screen tint issues. Others can't get their FPS to work outside in the sun. Now these are huge issues and while not affecting everyone. They would cause much extra wear on your battery. Does not seem very daily driver use friendly of a build unless you get lucky and none of these issues happen. Seems like is nearing to be a solid build, but still needs address some huge problems. Which is right on pace for the release time line this year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez