What won’t filter down from Pixel 7 to the Pixel 6?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm pretty certain the macro photography mode and the zoom stabilization will not come to the 6 line (although I can always hope!).

Dws51

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
So, what features on the Pixel 7 would make you upgrade? I was very excited about facial recognition until it was pointed out that it will only open the phone.
The camera on the 6 is already great…. Why upgrade?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
So, what features on the Pixel 7 would make you upgrade? I was very excited about facial recognition until it was pointed out that it will only open the phone.
Zoom supposed to be better, Marco shot, see if the can get better battery life with 5000mah from last year and it's only 419.00 to upgrade I like that price . We see if anything more once in hand.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

The macro photography is tempting for me. I love taking closeup shots, especially of plants and insects. The 6 Pro's sensor is too big for effective macro photography, so I have to hold the camera back a bit and use zoom.

bkdodger2

Jun 3, 2020
Visit site
Re: Pixel 7 features coming to Pixel 6

Yes, I'm not sure about that macro mode... I'm thinking it might be tensor chip enhancement but let's see ...

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site

I am so happy with my P6Pro. I don't feel compelled by the P7Pro. For my husband moving from a 4XL it is a huge jump and he will enjoy the new features. I will get to unbox it and set it up for him so I get my new phone rush anyway even if he gets to keep the phone. I am happy with that.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site

I am so happy with my P6Pro. I don't feel compelled by the P7Pro. For my husband moving from a 4XL it is a huge jump and he will enjoy the new features. I will get to unbox it and set it up for him so I get my new phone rush anyway even if he gets to keep the phone. I am happy with that.

Your husband is getting the Pixel 7 Pro?! That's AWESOME! Please show us unboxing photos too!

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site

Your husband is getting the Pixel 7 Pro?! That's AWESOME! Please show us unboxing photos too!
Yeah ordered as soon as it was available. 12 months BNPL and a free Pixel Watch. He works so hard and had loved his 4xl. But it has a terrible battery life now and updates are ending. So it was his turn for a new phone. He is getting Obsidian.