News The Galaxy S22 Ultra aged far more gracefully than the Pixel 6

Tigrisan

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I finally had to replace my Note 9 a few months ago, just about the time the S23 was being announced for immediate release. I didn't want to pay that price after reading so many reviews that said it wasn't really an upgrade from the S22 so opted for brand new, sealed, S22 Ultra factory unlocked that I found on Swappa. I've been really happy with it and with all the apps on the phone and everything turned on, I still have almost half the battery left at the end of the day. I see a lot of complaints about the battery life, but I'm not a constant gamer on it so maybe that's the difference. Overall, I think it's been a great phone so far. My two complaints and one is inherent in every phone made now is, no replaceable battery and no SD card. But I had my Note 9 a little over 4 years so if this one lasts that long, money well spent!

tykow

Mar 8, 2024
Visit site
You're saying a top-of-the-line, $1200 phone aged better than a $600 mid-range phone? Shocker. I understand your point, but why not compare the Pixel 6 to the standard S22? Or if you want to compare to the ultra, why not at least use a spec'ed our Pixel 6 Pro of similar value? This comparison seems disingenuous

Reactions: Laura Knotek

parksanim

May 4, 2023
Visit site
Having owned multiple google products and endured their awful support of those products and obviously farmed-out hardware of poor quality, I have sold all but one working Google item I own. They bricked my Google Home device by update in December (pages of others had the same happen, per their forums) and they slinked away unresponsive after agreeing to the problem and only helping people in certain countries. So I sold off the remaining 3 Google home devices. Now I only have a Google TV, which I use less and less than my smart TV anyway. Google has lost the plot, and seems more interested in pushing an agenda, these days. It's not somewhere I feel comfortable buying products or putting my money.

JRDEMASKUS

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
I chose the S22 with the intention of getting the Pixel 6 also, but never did. By the time I was ready, I was already seeing reports of build quality and longevity issues. I keep the S22 in a "waterproof" case to keep out as much debris as possible and the body of the phone is pristine as a result. Everything else works as expected, and I limit charging to 85% from day one (in settings/ battery) I have 2 lines, and I'm confident I will be able to get 2 more years out of this device, as my Note 8 is still going strong and in nearly perfect condition still, though I'm looking to upgrade that soon. Probably buy a used Note 20

Reactions: Laura Knotek

RobinMichael

Mar 9, 2024
Visit site
You're saying a top-of-the-line, $1200 phone aged better than a $600 mid-range phone? Shocker. I understand your point, but why not compare the Pixel 6 to the standard S22? Or if you want to compare to the ultra, why not at least use a spec'ed our Pixel 6 Pro of similar value? This comparison seems disingenuous
I have two phones. A Samsung S22 Ultra and an Oppo Find ×2 Pro.

I bought the Oppo Find ×2 Pro second hand. Although it is an older phone than my Samsung, in so many ways it is a better phone design wise (software).

I would think twice about buying another Samsung.

My Oppo was a very expensive top quality phone when it came out. Even now, it is quite an expensive second hand buy.

There tends to be a sweet spot when phones age and the price suddenly becomes good value.

My Samsung was good value for money.