Color rendering

crystinonfire

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
Coming from a Pixel 3, the colors on the Pixel 7 look really dull to me. They're desaturated with less contrast. Even the black on the Dark Theme doesn't really look like a true black to me. I saw some people on Reddit complaining about this. Is anyone here experiencing this or know of a fix?

bkdodger2

Jun 3, 2020
Visit site
I think overall the new pixels are a little bit different than from those people coming from the earlier models as they did tone down a little bit under display.. The earlier pixels definitely had a different type of screen imo.. I think it's more of getting used to it cuz I think the pixel screen is beautiful..

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Coming from a Pixel 3, the colors on the Pixel 7 look really dull to me. They're desaturated with less contrast. Even the black on the Dark Theme doesn't really look like a true black to me. I saw some people on Reddit complaining about this. Is anyone here experiencing this or know of a fix?

Go to Settings > Display > Colors
The default is "Natural" but if you go to "Adaptive" it seems, to me at least, to be a bit more saturated on my P7 Pro (though I personally prefer the Natural setting).

With the P6 Pro there was a third option, "Boosted," which likewise catered towards higher saturation and contrast levels, but that appears to have been removed for the latest model.

crystinonfire

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
Go to Settings > Display > Colors
The default is "Natural" but if you go to "Adaptive" it seems, to me at least, to be a bit more saturated on my P7 Pro (though I personally prefer the Natural setting).

I have mine set to Adaptive and it's still much less saturated than my Pixel 3.

When I look at my IG grid on the 7, all of the photos look terrible to me, but they look good on my 3 lol