Pixel 7 vs 7 pro

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
For some reason, when I try to apply for financing through Synchrony bank, I get denied. Even though I have over $1000 available credit in my account. I previously had the P4XL. I made sure all my information was correct on my account and when I applied. Not sure what is happening.

Sent from my SM-S906U1 using AC Forums mobile app
Synchrony bank has stretched themselves very thin and are a little harder to get credit from them lately. They carry a lot of credit cards for different stores and websites and from reading they are stuck with a lot of bad debt

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Joshua Luther1

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
Synchrony bank has stretched themselves very thin and are a little harder to get credit from them lately. They carry a lot of credit cards for different stores and websites and from reading they are stuck with a lot of bad debt

Good to know. I wasn't aware of that information. Thanks. It's good to know what my financing options are. Looks like Verizon has the best deal right now if I were to go through with it.

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Good to know. I wasn't aware of that information. Thanks. It's good to know what my financing options are. Looks like Verizon has the best deal right now if I were to go through with it.

Verizon would save you $80 vs buying from Google, from your above post, but keep in mind that that relies on your starting with them for the full term over which that credit would be applied. If they credit it over 36 months (which seems to be more and more the norm), that works out to a monthly credit of about $20 (leaving taxes out for simplicity), meaning that you would hit the same credit as provided by Google only after 32 months. If you're certain to stay you're better off, but leave any sooner and you'd take a relative loss.

Joshua Luther1

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
So interesting that signing in to my non Google one Gmail account, I can use Synchrony financing for the phone. I'm still not going to pull the trigger until my Tab S8 and Watch 5 are paid off. But honestly I think paying them off sooner doesn't lower the monthly payment, it just shortens the payment length. Does this sound correct? Because I don't think I can apply a certain amount towards one device. It just goes to the overall amount. I am going to reach out to Samsung Financing to see if there's a way to pay off one device and if doing so will lower the payment. I know paying off a credit card, the less you owe, the lower the payment. But I know that Samsung is set for 36 payments. So I'm not sure how it works.

YankInDaSouth

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
I think paying them off sooner doesn't lower the monthly payment, it just shortens the payment length.

This would be what I think too. It's interest free so paying more will just lower the principle amount owed thus reducing the time to pay it off.

I'm very tempted to pull the trigger (again LOL). Google is offering me $920 trade in for my S22 Ultra and I have a 10% off promo from Google Local Guides for all P7 related merch. With the 10% of the Pro I'd have like 55(ish) bucks to use towards accessories

Joshua Luther1

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
This is why I am going to pay more per month so I can eventually sell it to pay it off. Or getting it to the point where the trade in value is equal to or slightly more more what I owe. Consequently, I'm going to be paying a monthly payment to someone. It may be to Samsung for a Pixel phone. That can get confusing which is why selling it is a bit simpler. However, I'm really close to being able to break even by trading it in on a Pixel 7 256gb with what I owe vs what the trade in value is. I realize that as time passes, that the trade in value will drop as well.

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
I took my s22 ultra into best buy and side by side the screen on my ultra is so much better than the pixel is. I really wanted the pixel but can't give up screen I have even if Google is giving me 850 for my ultra.

Samsung keeps their absolute best displays for themselves. That said, the p7 pro is slightly brighter than the p6 pro was IMO.

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
The 6.3 vs 6.8 shouldn't dissuade someone from going with the pro. The regular P7 has the exact same dimensions as the s22+ Only a miniscule difference in size when placed up against the other.

Maljunulo

Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
The 6.3 vs 6.8 shouldn't dissuade someone from going with the pro. The regular P7 has the exact same dimensions as the s22+ Only a miniscule difference in size when placed up against the other.

If you think it is too big ……. it will be.

Perception is everything.