Should I be concerned about sound quality?

diesteldorf

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I don't have an HTC 10 for comparison, so maybe this will be a non-issue. However, I've really enjoyed the front-facing speakers of the Nexus 6, Moto X PE, Huawei Nexus 6P.

Does anyone think the sound/speaker quality of this years Nexus' will be dramatically different? Realistically, I am only concerned about the more expensive Marlin one, since that should be on par with my current 6P.

Has anyone had any experience with the HTC 10 to comment on the sound/speaker quality?

Markxmlx

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I'm also a concerned individual. I use the 6P's speakers a lot when I wake up to watch a couple of videos. I trust that with HTC as a manufacturer the speaker(s) on the new Nexus devices will be pretty good even if they are not two front facing ones like the 6P/6. I'd prepare for them to be inferior if the rumours are to be believed, though.

udnh

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
I find that removing the front facing speakers is a bit at odds with the mobile-only strategy for Duo.

If Google wants to make it compelling for people to video call with their phones rather than their computers or tablets, I would have thought that front facing speakers would be a given.

But I also haven't tried out the HTC 10 and it may very well be that the sound is good enough to enjoy video calls.

badelhas

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
I have a HTC one m8 and simply love the sound quality of the front speakers. It's still very fast but if one of the 2 Nexus has similar speaker setup I'm going to buy one.