Don't like what I'm reading

Rumblee1

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I couldnt wait for the new pixels to arrive. But, so far, everything I'm reading really doesn't point to a super premium device like the S7. But Google wants us to shovel out a premium price?? I dont understand. I guess we'll just have to wait for October 4 and hope we're surprised. At the prices we see, you'd be better off buying a nexus 6p. Thats if you're on project fi. On a carrier, look for something else. I actually bought a 5x to try fi. I was loving it. But if the devices are what they claim at the price they state, its not worth saving the extra money on fi.

JasW

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I'm reserving judgment until it actually comes out. I would suggest you do the same. I"m not sure what "everything I'm reading" is, but I would stop reading click-bait crap like the leaked benchmarks that came out on BGR the other day. It's meaningless drivel. Ultimately, if money is a concern, get an OP3.

Law2138

Trusted Member
Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I couldnt wait for the new pixels to arrive. But, so far, everything I'm reading really doesn't point to a super premium device like the S7. But Google wants us to shovel out a premium price?? I don't understand. I guess we'll just have to wait for October 4 and hope we're surprised. At the prices we see, you'd be better off buying a nexus 6p. Thats if you're on project fi. On a carrier, look for something else. I actually bought a 5x to try fi. I was loving it. But if the devices are what they claim at the price they state, its not worth saving the extra money on fi.

There has definitely been an increase in leaks and rumors lately. At this point all we can do is read and speculate as to how the Pixel will be and what it will cost. For me, its fun to engage in this kind of discussion because everyone's sharing their thoughts on what's important to them and what they'd like to see.

Cost is a concern to me as well. If the price is true, $649+ for a base Pixel, then it better be pretty amazing. Like Galaxy-esque camera and screen, great battery life, plenty of support for 2+ years, etc. Based on what information is revealed October 4th, including the asking price, I'll make my decision then.

anon(9072051)

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
Yeah. It's that time of year again when everybody and his uncle online starts feeding the beast with claims about what to expect from Google's new phones. But the only reliable bits of information we have to date are that Google is releasing 2 phones soon that are more than likely being made by HTC.

Pretty much everything else is still up for grabs, even the final specs and the look of the finished devices (though I'm willing to put money on that glassy-looking back panel being a fact). There are bound to be a few more convincing-looking "leaks" next week, too, but it's best to assume that it's all theater (some of it stage managed by the Googs themselves) until 10/4. Unless you like heartburn.

ronin_cse

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
I couldnt wait for the new pixels to arrive. But, so far, everything I'm reading really doesn't point to a super premium device like the S7. But Google wants us to shovel out a premium price?? I dont understand. I guess we'll just have to wait for October 4 and hope we're surprised. At the prices we see, you'd be better off buying a nexus 6p. Thats if you're on project fi. On a carrier, look for something else. I actually bought a 5x to try fi. I was loving it. But if the devices are what they claim at the price they state, its not worth saving the extra money on fi.

What makes you say it won't be as "super premium" as the S7? Sounds like it will have comparable specs and such. Other than that it's all design and materials which again seem similar.