Google Pixel - Preorder / order / shipping thread

fillossofer

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Despite advice to the contrary, I pre-ordered a 128GB XL in silver yesterday from Verizon. The confirmation says delivery by 10/20. I haven't been this excited about a new phone in a while, so I am looking forward to getting this bad boy!

Tyresian

Feb 16, 2016
Visit site
Despite advice to the contrary, I pre-ordered a 128GB XL in silver yesterday from Verizon. The confirmation says delivery by 10/20. I haven't been this excited about a new phone in a while, so I am looking forward to getting this bad boy!

Glad to see some excitement. I'm more nervous than excited honestly... I really wanted to go to a bigger phone but the screen-to-body ratio just doesn't cut it for me and it will be slightly too tall probably. So regular size Pixel it is for me.

I will say this is the most promising phone I've purchased since the Lumia 1020. I'm just really really hoping for great battery life. I expect the camera and performance to be incredible, if not it is going back. And if the battery life is great then I will be giving a sales pitch to anyone who asks me about the phone, if it isn't great... I very well may switch to iPhone (even smaller screen or bigger body though, ew, hoping better for the next iteration)...

Honestly the main thing I'd switch to iPhone for is the quality / battery and... Apple Watch. I currently wear a Microsoft Band 2 and since they aren't improving it and possibly ending the product line the Apple Watch is the closest replacement I've seen, everything else has compromises.

garak0410

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site

Same here...and I have an iPhone 7+ 256GB phone, sitting on my desk, unopened, that I've been told I could use as daily driver. I am not prejudiced toward iPhone but just can't quite do it and I'll wait the week or so for my Pixel XL to arrive. (using a Moto G4 as I wait...)

And the big point of no iPhone for me...I want to be able to copy/move/delete photos to and from the phone at will...not have to sync and manage via iTunes... :(

Runningwarrior08

May 23, 2010
Visit site
Currently have the 5X and after strongly contemplating the OnePlus 3 and iPhone 7...

I just ordered a 32GB Black Pixel from the Google store. I chose free shipping. Estimated delivery date: Oct 26, 2016 – Oct 28, 2016

We will see how this goes, I can always cancel or return it.

In the past, I have ordered and had a month away date and it has shipped 2.5 weeks early... That was on N4, and 6p. N5 I got in on first batch somehow lol.

the tree

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
Just got off the phone with Verizon, I ordered through them due to discounts and a gift card I had gotten. long story short, I wordered as soon as the wite was live and had only seen a "processing" status online. I called and they said it's processing because google hasn't given them tracking numbers yet, and my device will arrive on 10/20 -I had them double check with ordering and also with online ordering. I need to be sure because I travel for work and I will be cutting one of the trips short to get back and don't want to waste my day at home working if the device won't show up for another 2 days.

anon(9227267)

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site
I cancelled my Pixel order. I am going to wait for some reviews and maybe some hands on time at Best Buy.

Glad to see I was not the only one who gave the purchase a 2nd thought. Cancelled my order for the "hands on" thing too. Once the phones are in the hands of the public, info about their performance should be plentiful.

tcatnat

Oct 8, 2016
Visit site
And the big point of no iPhone for me...I want to be able to copy/move/delete photos to and from the phone at will...not have to sync and manage via iTunes... :(

Many options for moving and saving photos from an iPhone. I was using Dropbox for a while and recently moved to Google photos. Many other companies offer photo sync/uploads including Amazon, OneDrive, etc.

garak0410

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Many options for moving and saving photos from an iPhone. I was using Dropbox for a while and recently moved to Google photos. Many other companies offer photo sync/uploads including Amazon, OneDrive, etc.

True but I still like to be able to copy AND delete files on a phone from a file browser on my PC. I can always use "free up space" on Google Photos if I went iPhone...oh, the wait for Pixel now is made tougher with the Note 7 thing.

miyanc

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
Anyone on Verizon have something other then processing should ship on 10-20?

I thought about best buy a day if it was daydream plus 100$ plus crhromcast, I would be OK with 32gb, but I will stick with vzw for now.

Also I read somewhere that on other nexus devices with a carrier direct purchase, they somehow removed athe vzw Sim, updated and put the sim back. Is this with some other side loading root thing?

Djones09

Nov 23, 2011
Visit site
Do you or anyone else have a link or info on this $450 discount?

If you currently have Verizon, and want to go with a 2 year contract instead of the monthly payment, you get that discount. I am unsure if you get the same if you're new to Verizon. I wanted to keep my unlimited data, so I chose the payment plan. Or I would have gone with the 2 year. I'm gonna be paying for it for 2 years anyways.

anon(9227267)

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site
Just re-checked V site here - it says Delivery by 10/20/2016 - must ship a day or two earlier

I ordered a Pixel Black 32GB from the Google Store - invoice says: "Estimated delivery date: Oct 26, 2016 – Oct 28, 2016"

Somewhere between the 20th and the 30th a bunch of us will have our new phones.

Let us all pray to the Gods of Early delivery :)

HighJack42

Oct 13, 2016
Visit site
It would for sure be useful to know when the review embargo is to be lifted.

Last year, the 5X and 6P's reviews came out on Oct 20th (i.e., 3 days before the official release date).

I haven't talked to any tech reviewer, as I am sure they are not allowed to disclose embargo dates, but I will be on the lookout beginning of next week!

If it's of any relevance to anyone here, I preordered on oct. 5th on the Google Store (in Germany) and the ETA is set at Oct. 24/26...

miyanc

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
So just to be clear again, what does your Verizon page say?

Mine says your order is currently processing please check back later. Est. Ship date 10-20-16 and I ordered the xl 128 quite black on the 11th.

whitenack

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Glad to see I was not the only one who gave the purchase a 2nd thought. Cancelled my order for the "hands on" thing too. Once the phones are in the hands of the public, info about their performance should be plentiful.

I cancelled my order as well. That's a lot of money to spend without actually having any real world reviews. What if the battery life is terrible? What if radios are weak? etc.

anon(9227267)

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site
I cancelled my order as well. That's a lot of money to spend without actually having any real world reviews. What if the battery life is terrible? What if radios are weak? etc.

In all honesty - after cancelling the order - I had "cancelling remorse" and re-ordered. Seems we have 14 days to decide if we want to keep it or not, a much better deal than my marriage.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member