Can anyone point me in the right direction for an answer on this. If i buy the phone from google and put it on vzw, will I be able to use wifi calling.

From what I am reading, only phones bought from vzw will have wifi calling enabled on the vzw network.
    10-05-2016 05:52 AM
    Sorry I don't have an answer but I am actually wondering the same thing if i were to buy this unlocked and bring it to T-Mobile.
    10-05-2016 10:42 AM
    The Pixel will have Wi-Fi calling on both Verizon and T-Mobile:

Pixel and Pixel XL will support T-Mobile and Verizon WiFi calling
    kizz23 and Transtang z28 like this.
    10-05-2016 10:52 AM
    This pretty much seals the deal for me. Thank you for the link.
    10-10-2016 12:00 PM
    People keep posting articles that don't actually answer this question.

The reality is that no one knows. It has been asked a dozen times here, reddit, the official Google product forums, and the only one who has said something clear was Andrew's article on Android central the other day where he said a Google store purchased pixel *will not* have HD voice or WiFi calling on Verizon. But he didn't say where he learned that and hasn't responded to questions about it.
    10-10-2016 12:49 PM
    People keep posting articles that don't actually answer this question.
    The Verizon Pixel phone will be almost identical to the Google store version, I don't see why Verizon wouldn't offer WiFi calling for the Google Store version. It benefits Verizon when people use their own WiFi, freeing up more of Verizon's network.
    10-10-2016 01:05 PM
    The Verizon Pixel phone will be almost identical to the Google store version, I don't see why Verizon wouldn't offer WiFi calling for the Google Store version. It benefits Verizon when people use their own WiFi, freeing up more of Verizon's network.
    I agree.

Still, no one knows.
    10-10-2016 01:06 PM
    fwiw, I have spoken to tech support on both google and vzw and was told it will work. Fortunately, I was wait listed on google and won't get my pixel until 11/15. So, I will be reading about all the early adopters experiences. For me, I can trade off wifi calling for timely updates but HD Voice/VoLTE is my main worry.
    10-10-2016 02:39 PM
    The Nexus 5x & 6p have access to VoLTE, but they don't have Verizon's so called Advance Calling listed in the settings and therefore don't have WiFi calling.

The Verizon Pixel, per Android Central will get monthly security patches from Google, but Verizon will handle the major OS updates like the jump to Android O, they'll have a few apps that may or may not be able to be deleted, and per my conversation with the Google Store, the Verizon version will be carrier locked to Verizon unlike the unlocked version sold through the Google Store. Since the unlocked version may or may not have HD voice, that may mean it won't have access to VoLTE like last year's Nexus devices did, which means no simultaneous voice and data.

As for the reason Verizon would do this, it's simple. This version is locked to their network, so it's more cost prohibitive to leave. And if you want things like HD Voice and WiFi calling, that means Verizon makes the sale, not Google. If it's customers using WiFi instead of their network was really a big deal to Verizon, then they wouldn't require devices to have Advance Calling for it to work, as in the case of my 6p. If Verizon could go back to 2 year contracts, they would in a heartbeat. They want you locked in for a predetermined amount of time. That way it's revenue they can count on.
    10-11-2016 02:28 AM