The muggles seem to like the Pixel phone

NexusShark

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I personally will easily pay more for "less." I am paying what Google is asking for a Pixel XL to avoid having to deal with Touch wiz, Sense, and LG skins. I want the top notch camera and fast updates. Launchers on other OEM phones won't replace this. And the 6p is not comfortable to me. Everything is opinion based in the retail market

osubeavs728

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
This phone isn't worth hundreds of dollars on top of other flagships.

Pixel XL: $769.99
iPhone 7+: $769.99
Galaxy s7 edge: $792.00
Moto Z Force: $720.00
LG V20: $830.00
Htc 10: $648.00

I don't really understand where people get the idea that the pixels are wildly more expensive than other flagships....

raqball

Trusted Member
Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
Do yourself a favor and Google the definition of the word "similar."

Also, when comparing SIMILARITIES of the phones, we're clearly talking about the front and not the clearly distinctive back.

So go ahead have yourself another giggle.

Hummmmmm... Lets see here.. All phones have a top bezel and a bottom bezel.. They all have a screen in-between these bezels. They all have sensors arrangements and a camera on the top bezel..

I guess using your analogy, then most phones look like an iPhone.....

But, hold on and back the wagon up.... The top bezel sensor arrangement and camera placement are different...The iPhone has a home button the bottom bezel and the Pixel does not... So are they similar? Umm.... Well..... They both have bezels and they both have a screen that's a fact!... If that makes them look the same to you then coolio I guess, maybe...

Internet tantrums are always funny and entertaining... :D

TheMarcus

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Pixel XL: $769.99
iPhone 7+: $769.99
Galaxy s7 edge: $792.00
Moto Z Force: $720.00
LG V20: $830.00
Htc 10: $648.00

I don't really understand where people get the idea that the pixels are wildly more expensive than other flagships....
You included prices, but not what you get at those prices.

Looking at the Pixel, 1080p is all of a sudden forgivable in flagships?

Wiley_11

May 10, 2011
Visit site
Ok then what changed in pixel that people now dont want to buy it. The name??(I would say that foolish to not buy because of a name) the new Google assist feature and the new 3 button or the new shade??

now adding feature to a phone is what people dont want because that changes?? Its the damn price that people are bullish about. you are just trying to sugar coat things

The name,price,no assistant for Nexus etc. A lot of changes in Googles direction going forward. It's their company they they can do what they want, we can vote with our wallets and do what we want. Me, I'm going to wait for the dust to settle and figure out what I want.........:D

TheMarcus

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
We can argue all day, but why bother? There are plenty of people who will buy anything at any price and there are plenty of people who won't because they don't see any justification for the high cost.

Arguing isn't going to change any of our minds. Why continue?

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Looking at the Pixel, 1080p is all of a sudden forgivable in flagships?

Depending on the screen size, 1080 is probably just fine IMO. On the Note 7 I am returning, I was able to change the resolution from 2K to 1080P from the settings. It was hard for me to tell the difference at all. Also, I got better battery life by doing so.

Now with VR, and for folks who are pixel peepers (pardon the pun), having 2K might matter. But at least for me, I don't think anything over 1080P helps much now outside of VR, as long as the display is great in other ways (color , brightness, etc)

You included prices, but not what you get at those prices.

Very true. Those other phones have features the Pixel does not. Whether those missing items matter to the user is a matter of personal preference.

TheMarcus

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Hummmmmm... Lets see here.. All phones have a top bezel and a bottom bezel.. They all have a screen in-between these bezels. They all have sensors arrangements and a camera on the top bezel..

I guess using your analogy, then most phones look like an iPhone.....

But, hold on and back the wagon up.... The top bezel sensor arrangement and camera placement are different...The iPhone has a home button the bottom bezel and the Pixel does not... So are they similar? Umm.... Well..... They both have bezels and they both have a screen that's a fact!... If that makes them look the same to you then coolio I guess, maybe...

Internet tantrums are always funny and entertaining... :D

e771c556783f4b544f417351be9ab8c3.jpg

We'll just pretend these phones don't look strikingly similar while plenty of other phones still have distinctive looks. The Nexus 6P even has a more distinctive look than the Pixel does compared to the iPhone.

And you know that someone making an observation that the phones look similar isn't a bad thing, right? Especially when the iPhone is applauded as being one of the top designed phones. Would you be similarly (did you look up that word yet?) offended if you or your partner was compared to someone else widely considered attractive?

Wiley_11

May 10, 2011
Visit site
.But, hold on and back the wagon up.... The top bezel sensor arrangement and camera placement are different...The iPhone has a home button the bottom bezel and the Pixel does not... So are they similar? Umm.... Well..... They both have bezels and they both have a screen that's a fact!... If that makes them look the same to you then coolio I guess, maybe..

Squint your eyes a little bit and you will see it!..........:D

anon(464338)

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Apple sells for the perceived quality and great software experience. I love Android but I love a fluid/fast phone the most. This is what Google is trying to put out there. It's not about keeping pace feature for feature. It's about selling a simple, premium, quality device to the masses. I'd rather a brand new model focus on perfecting the hardware /software and then sprinkle in other features anyway. That's what they'll do from year to year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa