Is the brightness really bad?

Markxmlx

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I'd think twice before taking the word of an unknown editor in a relatively unknown website. Really I would just stick to the more known websites for more subjective opinions because they will be compared to other devices (since these editors get review units they can even check).

mhw100

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I was worried after seeing a few reviews saying it wasn't bright. I've compared it to my N7, S7E and IP7. Its brighter than the Samsungs and only slightly less bright than the IP7. I've checked in 2 stores and our office but not in sunlight.

Gdraft#WN

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
With the auto settings out of the box, it is not that bright. . But I have found this on every phone.

I just go in and turn the auto brightness off and crank it up to maximum.

Screen looks great.

Its a bright sunny day here, it still looks good

CHILLYWILL_95831

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Android Central says it's good in direct sunlight: http://m.androidcentral.com/google-pixel

From what I've seen it performs well in sunlight.

I actually think this phone is excellent in direct sunlight. I have the XL and I keep adaptive display set to 50%. BTW, adaptive display is excellent in this device. No more bouncing up and down when the surrounding light hasn't changed. The adjustments are quick and smart, major battery saver.

qfnol31

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
I put the sun in direct sunlight and even when the sun reflected off the screen I could make out some of it. It's better when the sun isn't reflecting of course, so I would say the screen is fine outside.

mhw100

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
It seems almost as bright as the iPhone 7 plus and in my case brighter than the n7. I don't know how some of these testers actually get their numbers from.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I can only judge by actual hands on experience, but I think the brightness is as good as or better than any of the other phones I've used lately including the Note 7, S7 Edge and iPhone 6s.

anon(9227267)

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site
have a Pixel 32 GB Really Blue - matching blue home screen - went outside to bright sun shine - no problem reading screen at all - none - even moved phone around until sun was directly on it - still good - it is better than my Z Force Droid - gotta agree with cwpcba

Dan L2

Apr 28, 2015
Visit site
I have noticed one issue with the screen. When brightness is set to the lowest level sometimes I get screen waves.