Verizon Pixel XL In Hand

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Ambassador
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
My order still says pending! :( But I bought from Google, got 10/27-10/31 as an estimate.

klau25

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
Congrats again! Please let us know how the battery life is for you later on. Would love to see more real life experience with the battery.

briischamp

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
Ordered on 10/7 via Verizon with next day delivery. Received this morning at 8:30 EST.

Lots of hands on reviews already out there obviously, but I can vouch for the fact that it feels like a very sturdy, solid, well made device. I'm coming from a 6P and the build quality feels comparable. Which in my opinion is a good thing. I wasn't sure how I would feel about the slightly smaller screen size, but it's really not as noticeable as I expected. The screen is beautiful, bright and crisp and the device feels really good in hand.

Very fast and snappy response time. Assistant is great, but really no different than Allo other than the fact that it's fully integrated so I'm sure it will get more use. A lot more stock wallpapers than the 6P out of the box. Really liking the "Live earth" dynamic wallpapers.

Took 10 seconds to uninstall Verizon apps. Removed 2/3, kept My Verizon.

billykac

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
Congrats!
Is it possible for you to comment on something that's been somewhat overlooked? What is the signal strength and call quality like?

Remember? We used to use phone for talking. :D

briischamp

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
It's a little chunkier, thickness wise, than the 6P which is a good thing. It feels great in hand. Set up was a piece of cake. I used the "Set up nearby device" option over Wifi and everything synced (screen layout, etc) in a minute or two. Then obviously I had to sit and wait for all apps to download.

briischamp

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
I can give an update on battery later today. I took it off charger just south of 100%, I wish I'd started with it completely full. But it charged remarkably quick. Faster than my 6P.

klau25

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
I can give an update on battery later today. I took it off charger just south of 100%, I wish I'd started with it completely full. But it charged remarkably quick. Faster than my 6P.

Thanks! Yeah, but I would think the first day battery read won't be as accurate since you will be playing it a lot and all the different apps being installed. you know your SOT for the first 5 hours will probably be 4hr 50 min. haha.

briischamp

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
Very small sample size (one call), but seemed comparable to 6P. Clear and no complaints. BUT, on the 6P with 7.0 I frequently had issues with the person on the other end hearing their own voice echo. Again, small sample size, but at least on my one call they confirmed that was NOT an issue.

CGfreak102

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
build number/system version?
I assume yes, but can you confirm bootloader is encrypted? (i dont see anything in the reviews I read - but could have skipped over it).

billykac

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
Very small sample size (one call), but seemed comparable to 6P. Clear and no complaints. BUT, on the 6P with 7.0 I frequently had issues with the person on the other end hearing their own voice echo. Again, small sample size, but at least on my one call they confirmed that was NOT an issue.

Thanks.
Interested in knowing more as the sample size increases.

briischamp

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
build number/system version?
I assume yes, but can you confirm bootloader is encrypted? (i dont see anything in the reviews I read - but could have skipped over it).

Build number NDE63N. Not sure how to check if bootloader is encrypted...might have to get back to you on that one.

tk-093

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Super jelly... Mine got dropped off in the mail room about 30 minutes ago... waiting for it to make it's way to me... might need to go look for it.

briischamp

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
There's a picture thread floating around here. Could you please post some samples in there? Thanks

I wish I had some better picture test subjects (I saw the Colombia vacation pics in that other thread, I can't compete with that...) but this is out my front door. HDR+ definitely processes faster than my 6P.

IMG_20161019_115909.jpg

briischamp

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
Super jelly... Mine got dropped off in the mail room about 30 minutes ago... waiting for it to make it's way to me... might need to go look for it.

haha, I would always have new phones delivered to the house and pick them up at lunch, I hated when they were lost in the mail at the office