Pro tip for the stock launcher

David Sutton

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Re: Pro tip for the stock launcher - why ?

Personally I don't like the date widget OR the weather widget. I love the phone but am saddened that there is no way to turn either or both widgets off and the google bar is really in the way also. On my Nexus 5X just swiping right was great for opening the same page that the G bar does now. With those two things the real estate on the top of the phone for a good date/weather widget is locked out....... as I said before - really sad you cant opt out of either of those.

Screenshot_20161101-021537.jpg

rinconmike

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
I have the weather widget. It updates the date, but the temp is not updating. I tried toggling location on and off and does not fix it. Any idea?

billykac

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
I actually much prefer the Month and Date on my home screen - it's a better look, IMO.
I used the weather widget for a day/two and went back to month/date.
Weather Underground is my go-to for weather - don't need dueling weather sources.

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I would also not like any constant widget at the top of the screen, but if they refuse to remove it, I like how it's done now. I like the fact that it's only on the home screen now, vs. being on every screen , like the old Google search bar.

I wanted to update my experience with this widget. It seems to update better when restarting the phone now. Whenever I restart, which is rare; I only have to refresh the weather or just wait, and it will switch from the clock to the weather. It's still a little inconsistent for my liking but it's better.

Last edited:

SteelGator

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
I like the look of the pill over the old search bar, and putting the weather there makes perfect sense. I do wish there was more customization available for the widget though -- I'd make the weather a little bigger.

camaroz1985

Trusted Member
Oct 24, 2016
Visit site
It would be nice if you could have both the time and weather there since there is such a large gap between the weather and the google pull thing.

tcatnat

Oct 8, 2016
Visit site
I actually much prefer the Month and Date on my home screen - it's a better look, IMO.
I used the weather widget for a day/two and went back to month/date.
Weather Underground is my go-to for weather - don't need dueling weather sources.

How did you revert back to month/date? I can't get rid of the weather and I really don't like it.

DJM626

Oct 18, 2015
Visit site
If you have location services on try turning them off. This is the only way for me to get the weather to show is if I have it toggled on. When I turn them off it disappears, which to me would make sense if it functioned in that way. Seems pretty inconsistent with others though

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87