i just can't get over the bezel on the xl

tbears99

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
I had two Note 7's and had no desire to go to a S7 Edge for some reason. I thought about the Pixel and LG V20, but really liked having the pen and the way the Note 7 felt in my hands, so I bought a used Note 5 on eBay. It is in like-new condition and I am loving it.

benhaube

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
I actually prefer the thicker bezel. My boyfriend has the S7 Edge with virtually no bezel, and whenever I pick up his phone I am accidentally pressing the screen with my hand. For me, the extra little bit of bezel on the side makes the phone easier to use.

anon(9072051)

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
I don't disagree about the ergonomics of having a bezel. I do disagree with Google's not including front-firing speakers (even if it were just the one) when they decided they were going to have that much space. Not sure what their reasoning was behind the decision to point it away from the listener.
Absolutely, and I'm hoping that this year's wimpy single-speaker setup was more a product of haste or convenience than necessity or design. And although I'll never buy an XL precisely because of the ghost of front-firing speakers past, I have to agree with reviewers who have claimed that the XL looks better in person than it does in pictures. I spent a little time with one at a Verizon store this weekend: ergonomic or not, it is a nice looking phone in hand, especially from the front.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site

Wiley_11

May 10, 2011
Visit site
Not to be overly dramatic, but I could not hate that design more. I would feel constant worry about losing my ability to resist "hulk smash" and punch it in the face with the power of a thousand super saiyans carrying a thousand Mjolnirs.

Calm down Thor, put your hammers down. It's BGR for Christ sakes!.........:D

Todd Simon

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
I don't think I'll mind the slightly smaller screen compared to the Nexus 6P, especially since the overall phone dimensions are smaller. I like big screens and I cannot lie...

jdot104

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
Personally I never liked the on-screen buttons. If they had put the buttons under the screen you'd get more space.

I agree. I generally prefer the Galaxy method of buttons. Physical home button with two capacitive buttons on either side.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Amen. To me the best part of the Nexus 6P was that it has a bezel that I could hold it with in my big clumsy paws. It's also the best thing about the iPhone. I was happy to see it on the Pixel, especially the smaller version.

Damn right, Jerry... I got big hands too and fumbling with a wee bezeled phone can be a challenge because I end up hitting the buttons all the time. The Sammys are brutal because what little bezel they DO have is filled up with capacitive buttons, so there's nowhere to go.

TavisB

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
I'm still getting used to not having a home button or capacitive buttons, but other than that I like the bezels on my black XL.