Anybody sign up on Verizon for a Pixel and immediately cancel service?

Sher the love

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
I read the Verizon return policy and sounds like I should be fine. Just looking for anybody's experience if they ran into some "fine print" type issues. Was going to pay full price. Thanks.

jlgraham

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
Why did you need to buy it through Verizon and then cancel service? You can buy it directly from Google, and then even offer 0% interest financing IIRC... and it will still work any any network, as far as I know.

In any case, if you are paying full price for the device, I think you can cancel service. I don't believe Verizon does contracts anymore, but even if they do, you can usually cancel within 30 days and just pay the prorated rate for the days you had service.

Sher the love

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
I've been in between phones for the past month (don't feel like getting into details) and got a Moto G4 to try and hold me over. Camera quality is pretty terrible and I don't really want to wait 3-4 weeks when ordering from the play store (not to mention, I can't even order one now because I won't have an address for a month).

However, the more I think about it, the more I'd rather just wait. Too much hassle and who knows what issues I'll run into.