Pixel 128 GB or Pixel XL 32 GB

TOC51

Oct 28, 2016
Visit site
I ordered a Pixel 128 GB the other day that should be delivered to me at the end of November (maybe...) The reason I stayed away from the XL is because I always thought those bigger screens were just not for me. Then today I was in Best Buy and played around with a Note 5 they had there and realized, I kind of like the bigger screen and want to try it out. Now I am wondering if I should get the XL instead, but with the price, I can only afford the 32 GB version. Thus my question, is it better to get the Pixel at 128 GB or the XL at 32 GB.

I don't really keep a lot of apps on my phone, nor pictures though with the free cloud storage I guess the picture thing doesn't matter too much. Also, I know the Pixel XL is so out of stock that when you try to get one you just get put on a wait list, but that doesn't bother me since my phone now works just fine. If I have to wait for 2 months to get it, works for me. What I really want is a phone that will last a full 2 years without seeming crazy slow and buggy towards the end of that time. Thanks for any help/ advice you guys can give me!

JoshDunc

Apr 23, 2015
Visit site
I got the 32GB Pixel XL and it is great. Photos and videos have unlimited storage. I still have 20 GB remaining after my apps and the "system." Honestly, unless you plan on hoarding everything on it for ever then the 128GB may be overkill.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Personally I could have managed just fine with 32 GB, but with no SD card I opted for 128 GB just in case I'm gong a trip and need to store videos, music, podcasts locally.

NokFromApp

Oct 24, 2016
Visit site
I am going to give a 32GB XL a try. Hope to pick one up from Best Buy tomorrow. There are plenty in stock around me. The 14 day return period should be enough for me to find out if 32 GB will be enough or not. Right now I think it should be enough. The way I am thinking about this is that the next pixel will be a giant leap and I will be tempted to get it whenever it is released, so don't want to spend on the 128gb yet.

TOC51

Oct 28, 2016
Visit site
I got the 32GB Pixel XL and it is great. Photos and videos have unlimited storage. I still have 20 GB remaining after my apps and the "system." Honestly, unless you plan on hoarding everything on it for ever then the 128GB may be overkill.
Awesome, that's what I was thinking. I'm pretty sure I'll be going with the XL.