Notification issue with Google voice

ihbsbA

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I use Google voice. When I get a new voice mail, even though I delete it, have a persistent notification from Phone services. I can get rid of it by forcing phone services to stop, but that's not how it's supposed to work. Anyone?

mtucker

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
I listened to a voice message and deleted it and saw the little telephone icon was still in the top left corner of the phone (I use Google Voice for messages and texting). I had to swipe down to notifications and then clear the message notification (don't remember if I swiped it off or if there was a "X"). When I did that, the little phone icon went away.

strikeIII

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
Reset your voicemail back to the factory settings and uninstall Google Voice. You may need to contact your customer service for the voicemail number that is associated to your number. Once you get reverted back to stock access your voicemail and delete the pending message. Then reinstall Google Voice and go through the setup again and all should be good. This happens to me once in a while. If you've never setup your carrier voicemail you may have to ask customer service to also reset your password.

If you swap sim cards through multiple phones this can confuse Google Voice. At least this is what usually causes the issue for me.

ihbsbA

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Reset your voicemail back to the factory settings and uninstall Google Voice. You may need to contact your customer service for the voicemail number that is associated to your number. Once you get reverted back to stock access your voicemail and delete the pending message. Then reinstall Google Voice and go through the setup again and all should be good. This happens to me once in a while. If you've never setup your carrier voicemail you may have to ask customer service to also reset your password.

If you swap sim cards through multiple phones this can confuse Google Voice. At least this is what usually causes the issue for me.
I don't do the carrier integration, does that matter? I just forward my phone to Google voice. Google voice works, it's receiving my calls and voice mails, it's just that Phone services keeps showing that message. I can't swipe it away.

strikeIII

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
I don't do the carrier integration, does that matter? I just forward my phone to Google voice. Google voice works, it's receiving my calls and voice mails, it's just that Phone services keeps showing that message. I can't swipe it away.
Yeah but your carrier will always have a voicemail assigned to your number and sometimes the forward doesn't work on Google Voice so your voicemail doesn't get redirected properly and goes to the voicemail box that's tied to your number by the carrier.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty